Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TwoFour

New Warrior Dynasty Girdle

As a longtime Bauer MBP8 and TotalOne user, I'm tempted to at least give this one a look-see on the grounds that it has a belt and is meant to be a stand-alone girdle.

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone ever worn the NXG with a different pant shell other than the one it came with, and if so, did it hold up the girdle okay? I distinctly remember trying on just the girdle in a store, moved around for a bit and it slowly began to slide off of me. I'm apprehensive of going for one of the Bauer options on the grounds that it will do that on the ice without the corresponding pant shell.

I have the NXG in a small and the mate shell was like wearing skinny jeans. It simply doesn't work with the girdle. I have 2 small Easton shells and pair of medium Warrior lowers that I wear over the girdle and they're all great.

I wonder if the sizing is as small as on the Projekt girdle? I could've easily gotten the Projekt in XL, and at the same time I wear a medium NXG and a large Synergy girdle.

Good to hear. Not that I need or could afford one in a while though...

I tried it on today. Fits bigger than projekt. I am a medium in nxg and medium in dynasty. They fixed the belt issue too.

I wonder if the sizing is as small as on the Projekt girdle? I could've easily gotten the Projekt in XL, and at the same time I wear a medium NXG and a large Synergy girdle.

I wear a large Projekt and found the stock belt way too small, but not the girdle itself. Once I swapped out the belt the large was fine. I tried on the NXG girdle at a big store in both large and XL and the large felt too tight - the XL felt like it was the right size, but also didn't feel as comfortable/mobile as my large Projekt with the non-stock belt.

If the Dynasty truly does fit larger than the Projekt that would suggest I should try on a medium and a large to compare the fit if I decide to pick one up in the future. I haven't fit into a medium pants or girdle since I was in my early teens; so I'd be shocked if I needed a medium and expect I'd still need a large in the Dynasty, but of course wouldn't know for sure without trying them on.

The Projekt girdle in size L felt much, much tighter than the NXG in M (without the shell - it's way too small sized).

Now that I've used the NXG for a while it has stretched out and has even more adjustability.

I know they're a different type of girdle; one is a wraparound style and the other is a neoprene short-style. The Easton Synergy girdle in size L fits much looser though.

Ah, I only tried on the NXG in large and XL with the shell. I didn't try it without the shell - that may explain why the large felt much too tight and the XL felt like the right size, but a bit bulkier and not as mobile vs. the Projekt.

I picked up the Warrior girdle and shell combo. Medium fits great I'm 5'11 32" waist. It is extremely light and I have a lot more mobility.

I'm 5'9 w/31 inch waist. Tried on the small Dynasty girdle and shell last week. It fit well and was really light and well made. Without the elastic/velcro straps around the thighs, the girdle feels more like pants, really nice light pants. But I prefer the closer feel of a girdle so I will stick with my Projekt until I absolutely have to switch.

Dynasty Girdle shell (made/designed specifically for Girdle) is only in black and navy.

Dynasty Pant Shell (worn over hockey pants) is avail in the colors listed by TH.

Will other colours be available in the future for the girdle shell? Really hoping for red.

I'm 5'9 w/31 inch waist. Tried on the small Dynasty girdle and shell last week. It fit well and was really light and well made. Without the elastic/velcro straps around the thighs, the girdle feels more like pants, really nice light pants. But I prefer the closer feel of a girdle so I will stick with my Projekt until I absolutely have to switch.

Do you own Franchise pants or ever tried them on? I'm 5'9 with 30 inch waist and my Franchise pants are XS. Not sure if I should go with junior XL or senior S.

Played three games so far with the girdle i use the bauer one.8 shell with it and i really like the girdle i think i like it more than the APX girdle I've been wearing for the last 2 and a half years.

Anyone in Canada see these yet? Talked to HS who said June 11, S4S said July and PHL says they're in stock but every one I've talked to said they've got everything but the girdle. West GTA btw.

I ended up getting Toronto Hockey Repair to special order one for me and they mentioned that a lot of the bigger retailers don't seem to want to stock any Warrior gear beyond sticks.

Played some pick up in it this morning, was wearing Stealth RSII pants before, and I'm not sure I'll go back to them. My main complaint with the the RSII's was the lack of protection on the inner thigh and while light I found them a little bulky. The dynasty girdle has the inner thigh protection that I wanted and I'm really digging the integrated cup and shorts feel. Only complaints were that the shell's belt velcro tore the stitching out when I yanked on it to tighten it and the lack of velcro for socks.

I tried on the Warrior Dynasty Girdle at Hockey Monkey today (XL Girdle with size L shell). It has pretty robust protection in some areas, but seems a bit vulnerable on the inner thigh, as well as the region surround where the jock strap goes. Those foams on the frontal region are not going to do much, it seems.

Regardless, it felt unbelievably comfortable and light. Also, the areas where you can see that Warrior focused on protecting, they seem to have done rather well with.

So, I will be purchasing this girdle.

Was not impressed with the dynasty girdle. It felt like a stripped down Warrior Hustler pant. The leg width wasn't adjustable so they basically moved around like pants for me.

I also do not like that floating aspect of the thigh guard of the Warrior Dynasty girdle, but I think the shell should keep it in place a bit. However, in comparison to the new Easton girdle (which just seems wrong), and the MX3 (which is more pant'ish than the Warrior), it seems the Warrior Dynasty is the best retail girdle presently available (per my personal preference of course, I mean, it just feels best to me), unless I am missing something.

I also do not like that floating aspect of the thigh guard of the Warrior Dynasty girdle, but I think the shell should keep it in place a bit. However, in comparison to the new Easton girdle (which just seems wrong), and the MX3 (which is more pant'ish than the Warrior), it seems the Warrior Dynasty is the best retail girdle presently available (per my personal preference of course, I mean, it just feels best to me), unless I am missing something.

Everyone is different. I rely on my speed heavily and I find a tight-fitting adjustable leg to be the most important aspect of a girdle's mobility right up there with length and bulk. So it was a deal breaker.

I found the Easton girdle to be great as it was well made though had thinner padding than I wanted in the waist and upper spine. It felt like a better made and updated version of the Bauer apx adaptable core. It will be my next girdle.

You are a significantly bigger dude than I, so if the Dynasty fits perfect....have at it. Anything is an upgrade over your pants playing in humid parts of Asia. :laugh:

I haven't had a chance to try on the Dynasty, but did try on the the new Easton girdle and in the large the thigh area felt too tight even though the waist fit well. In the XL I could adjust it so it fit comfortably, but it didn't feel as streamlined/mobile as the Projekt girdle. From trying it on, it felt like the new Easton girdle was sized for people with average to small thighs in the large size.

Cosmic - did you happen to try on a Large in the Dynasty as well as the XL? When I first purchased the Projekt I thought I might need an XL, but ended up fitting into the Large comfortably after swapping out the belt. Obviously the large would have tighter thighs than the XL - the girdle will stretch a bit with use so I prefer to have it as tight as possible when new without being uncomfortable (The L will not work for me in the new Easton girdle, but works well with the Projekt).

You are right about the Easton legs. I had it barely touching the last portion of the velcro.

The dynasty girdle legs fit like loose shorts with mesh-like short material on the inner thigh. I'm fairly certain it is loose for just about everyone except for heavier set people.

It's odd to have loose shorts in the description of a girdle but a number of people have had the same comments thus far.

althoma- Yes, I tried on the Large, and the XL in the Dynasty girdle. I had my wife look, and tell me what she thought (no shells on, just the girdles). Mind you, she does not really know about ice hockey fitting, but she knows my body (obviously), and has a good eye for seeing what fits (in regular clothes- jeans, etc.), and what does not. She said the Large just looked like it was stretching unnaturally around the groin, and then also into the outlying areas (like those crumby/ seemingly useless front foam pads, that look like they are pretending to protect us). So, I figure, for durability, sake, I best go with the XL- no need to strain this part of the girdle, which I need to stay intact, to keep the parts that I like, in their proper places.

Also, the XL seemed to reach the top of my knee perfectly. The Large, perhaps because it was bunching up in the middle, seemed to leave some space uncovered, atop my knee cap. The XL also felt like a pair of really comfortable, slim fitting shorts, which is how I understand the girdle is meant to fit. I could not get over how it really felt like I was just wearing a pair of my (beloved, super comfortable) UA shorts. With traditional pants, in hindsight, I feel like I have been fighting against the pants with each stride. I am thinking that with the Dynasty girdle, skating will feel as natural as it does minus equipment at public skating.

althoma, I forget your dimensions. I am 6'2, 220 lbs., with alot of butt (sorry, just saying, I think that is what makes the middle of the girdle get all out of whack in the Large), and a 34-40 inch waist, depending on how much water I just drank, whether I have been playing hockey, how I have been eating, etc. When I tried on the girdles, I was on the unfit side of things, having just travelled, and having had a few ice hockey sessions cancelled before I left SE Asia.

FWIW, I agree with x-axis, the Dynasty does seem like a stripped down version of the Hustlers; the Hustlers being tanks IMO. I have Franchise pro stock pants, which I was comfortable wearing to play goalie. In the areas where Warrior wants to protect us, we seem golden (spine, thighs, hips, tailbone not sure- it seems ok; I wear tailbone protection in my base too, so I will be fine there). The Easton though, just seemed like they did not really commit to even protecting these areas mentioned, except of course the thigh guards (which seem fine).

I'm 6'2" and around 230lbs, usually wear 38" pants, but they're a bit loose in the waist and I wear the larger size to allow room for my thighs and butt - sounds like we have a similar build. The large Projekt fits me well, but I can't comment on the fit of the Dynasty - I've seen it, but haven't tried it on. I believe the pair that was at Winterfest was a medium; so I definitely looked at them, but did not try to squeeze into them.

I was curious to know if the sizing changed between the Projekt and the Dynasty - I'll certainly try them on when I have a chance. I just haven't seen them anywhere in the shops I've visited in the Toronto area in the last few months. I have no need to buy them at this point since I'm happy with the Projekt girdle and I've rarely used it lately as I've been playing primarily roller and I use a lighter Valken Elite girdle for that.

That's funny. I tried on a size XL Warrior Projekt girdle, and I was afraid I would tear through them right there at the store. This was about a year or so ago, when I was pretty much same as I am now.