Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyBoxersSayJoe

Beer Leaguers, do goalies pay?

Ice House? What level?

This team's in D6w. We had five different goalies play for us this season. May have a lead on a goalie who can play every game, should hopefully know shortly. We were the 9th seed out of 16 for fall/winter playoffs and made it to the final game while knocking out the 1, 4 and 8 seeds.

Just asked about my other team, the goalie pays for that one as well. Maybe it partially depends on personal finances? I'm not sure. At any rate, whoever fills in for us will be playing for free.

I used to play a pick up outside of Pittsburgh where each player paid $2 over the cost to cover the rink, and the goalies GOT PAID $20 to play. It was an average level skate, but there were always two competant goalies. Easily the most organized pick up game I've ever been a part of.

I wish I lived in a land where getting goalies was hard... especially if the ice times are after normal working hours.

Here for one really fast and solid shinny there was a rotation of about 6 goalies...

Welcome to Finland.

I wish I lived in a land where getting goalies was hard... especially if the ice times are after normal working hours.

Here for one really fast and solid shinny there was a rotation of about 6 goalies...

Just got the signup form for this season... looks like goalies don't pay after all. Man, I really need to get playing goal full time, then!

Just got the signup form for this season... looks like goalies don't pay after all. Man, I really need to get playing goal full time, then!

If that's the case, kindly send that new fishbowl my way, please!

We always had goalies play for free, but we ended up having a problem getting them to show up sometimes, particularly late in the season. What we decided to do was charge a refundable deposit (I think we did $80) that would be returned if the goalie made the majority of the games. Worked pretty well.