Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

syinx

Elbow Pad Mobility?

Currently in Supreme TotalOne NXG Elbow Pads. I'm not too big of a fan of their velcro tab system (the extra fabric allows it to catch pretty easy when I'm putting on my jersey) and while the protection is spectacular, I'm looking to get a bit more mobility.

Anyone have any suggestions regarding an elbow pad that gives more mobility while being equally (if not more - if that's even possible) protective?

New STX Surgeons, CCM RBZ and 2012 Warrior Projekts (if you can find new old stock) are the three I would consider. They're all top of the line pads that will offer good protection for beer league and are three piece pads with excellent mobility. I personally use the Warrior Projekts and found them a bit more comfortable than the CCM CL/RBZ pads, but was impressed by the STX Surgeon pads when I saw them at Winterfest. The STX pads should be out in the next month or two.

I had this issue for the longest time. I was in MI. back in Dec. and went to visit JR. based on my build he put me in some APX 2's and I have been extremely happy with them. Great protection and the very best mobility I have ever had in a elbow pad.

I have been also trying to find the right elbow pads to replace my old low end Reebok's. I first ordered the Warrior AX1's and they just didn't fit my arm well, they were size Medium and they would slide down my arm ( I wear an Under Armour heat gear long sleeve as a base layer) and just wouldn't get tight enough. I sent the Warriors back and went to a local Players Bench and tried on the CCM RBZ's and found that a Large fit the best. The pad felt great and cradled my arm perfectly and decided to go with those. The manager who I've gotten to know asked if I tried on the APX2's and he suggested that I tried them real quick. The APX2's were everything the RBZ's were and then some. The fit was phenomenal and they are more protective than the RBZ's. The APX2's are just as mobile as the RBZ's with a better fit (for me) and protection.

Easton Mako, good protection and great natural movement. Also just bought the Easton HSX for my daughter and she really likes them as they are low profile and still have good movement and protection too.

Warrior Projekt white 2010 model, and especially the pro stock version if you can find it (ebay, they're white and black) because they're more protective and just as comfortable. Make sure you size down though (if you wear a L normally, buy the M... they're huge for some reason)

I'd be a Junior Large then, and I can't find them at all. I'm gonna pop into my LHS and give the RBZ and the APX2 both a try.

I'd be a Junior Large then, and I can't find them at all. I'm gonna pop into my LHS and give the RBZ and the APX2 both a try.

You can order Projekt elbow pads in junior large at HockeyGear. They're in Connecticut, USA. Don't know if they ship to wherever you live.

I bought a pair a couple months ago in exactly that size.

You can order Projekt elbow pads in junior large at HockeyGear. They're in Connecticut, USA. Don't know if they ship to wherever you live.

I bought a pair a couple months ago in exactly that size.

Shipping to Canada would cost almost as much as the pads themselves, unfortunately, and with that kind of money I could buy myself a more protective pad with change to boot, especially with the current CAD/USD exchange rate.

I ended up picking up a pair of APX2 elbow pads, they grabbed better and didn't slip like the RBZ did, yet when I tried an RBZ in a smaller size it didn't cover up as much of my arm as I'd like. The APX2 also feels more mobile.

I had this issue for the longest time. I was in MI. back in Dec. and went to visit JR. based on my build he put me in some APX 2's and I have been extremely happy with them. Great protection and the very best mobility I have ever had in a elbow pad.

I'm curious, what sort of build are you? I'm considering the switch to APX2's or Surgeons (from 20K's) but my "local" is a good 2.5 hours away.. Been hearing a lot of good things about both

I don't know about A2rhino, but if it helps, I'm incredibly slim, think swimmer physique. Little Asian boy at 5' 7" 135~140, and more muscle density than mass. The APX2s fit me really well and don't add much bulk, though the snug-fit of the Supremes are really nice too.

Scatman, I have very small joints however full muscle bellies. This would cause the other (Jofa/Warrior) pads to slip up and down my arms when I would extend them. The APX Three piece style pad moves with my body and allows my elbows to stay in place and prevents my arm from slipping out. Hope this helps.

Just got STX Surgeons as a birthday gift.

Oh my God where have these elbow pads been all my life.

Just got STX Surgeons as a birthday gift.

Oh my God where have these elbow pads been all my life.

How is the weight? I have read that the STX Surgeon 500 shoulders are a bit heavy due to nature of protective materials used.

How is the weight? I have read that the STX Surgeon 500 shoulders are a bit heavy due to nature of protective materials used.

They might be a touch heavier than my APX2s, but I love 'em. They also feel sturdier and more protective. Honestly, considering how snug they fit, it's a small price to pay for the comfort. They're also the first pad I've worn in my size that doesn't have a small finger-width gap in the forearm protection once strapped up.