Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zzapdog

Bauer Skate Help

Hi all! I am new to the forum and was looking for some help with some new skates. My apologies if there is already a topic on this.

I was looking to get the new 1X skates and I was wondering your guys' opinion on if I should go with the light speed edge holder and LS4 runner, or the light speed 2 holder and step steel combination? Just wanted to know the advantages and disadvantages to each, as I have heard the the steel can get a little wobbly after a while in the edge holders.

Right now I am currently in the original APX's with LS2 holder and LS3 steel.

Thanks for the help!

Unless you're planning to get custom skates, I'd stick with the LS4 off the bat. Problems with the holder are anecdotal at this point, and many people, especially at a beer league level, have had success. If you try it and don't like it, or in the odd event that something breaks, then switch for the LS2 and step steel. In the meantime, no sense wasting your money on an add-on you're not even sure you'll need.