Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skinni44

TPS shafts opinions please....

Right, I don't use OPS's. Don't like the throw away aspect of them aswell as the price tag. Have used them in the past and wasn't a massive fan. Also wouldn't consider myself an elite player or anywhere near that to warrant spending the money.

Anyways currently I'm using a Tri-core 3 xx-stiff but started to think that it's too stiff even though I'm 300lbs. So I've got a x-stiff just haven't used it yet. Anyways there is a company in the UK that still has a few TPS shafts in stock. These shafts are the Rubber Kevlar stiff or x-stiff, the Rubber Crispy x-stiff, RL Aramid stiff or x-stiff and the RL XN10 xx-stiff.

What I want to know is, is it worth giving any of these a go? Relatively inexpensive to buy even just to 'try-out'.

My favourite shaft ever was the original CCM Vector. The blue with gold writing. Amazing until my D partner skated into me while I was taking the pick and snapped it.

I really like both Tricores and RLXN10s. I still use a RLXN10 as my primary shaft/stick. The X stiff ones I have tried were too stiff for my tastes. The rubber and Red Lite (non XN10) are tanks. I have heard people complain about the rubber shafts chewing up their glove palms a little more quickly. I'd buy either for the right price.

I'd try the X stiff Tricore that you have already before purchasing any of the others. At least that way, you'd know if the TPS X stiff is still too stiff.

What flex was the Vector shaft that you used? I liked mine back in the day, as well.

Nice one thanks. I keep reading good things about the other shafts but never anything about the tri-core.

My CCM was 100 flex, loved it. To two more after that but they were different models and never the same.

I've had fantastic luck with Tricores over the years. I'm still holding on to one that's too whippy (XF) for when I get older and weaker.

If the 100 flex Vector was the right flex for you, I'd suggest trying a TPS shaft in a R (95) or S (105) flex. Personally (at about 250, and used to be able to play pretty well), I'd probably go with the Aramid Red Lite out of the choices you listed. The Rubber is very durable and kicks well, too... I just prefer the less-tacky texture of the Red Lite.

The X flex are 110, if I'm not mistaken, so that Tricore may be usable for you depending on how you shoot and your preferences. I really only liked the X Flex Tricore that I tried for slap shots (10 years ago, when I was still playing real hockey). Even then, I felt like a stiff flex performed well all-around.

You mentioned something about a "Rubber Crispy" shaft in your original post. I'm assuming that was a typo.

Well the vector was a fair while ago. As I've got older I've struggled come always be comfortable with my sticks. I've got a sherwood momentum I think it is that's meant to be 105 and find that a little too soft even just to pass the puck. You are correct about the flexes though.

I might get a stiff in one of the others and see. I love my tri-cores too! I don't know whether it's stick length or what but when I take a slap shot the xx-stiff has started to hurt my wrist. I used to be able to shoot really well. Used to have a decent slapper and was told my snap shot was harder then most peoples slappers. Maybe as I got older my conditioning has gone down a bit and that's had an effect.....I don't know. Problem is I've let YouTube get into my head about technique!

The rubber crispy is the yellow one. I might have got the name wrong but check nekoti.co.uk.

Checked out the site. I've never heard of the Rubbers referred to that way. Maybe a name for the graphic/color?

Checked out the site. I've never heard of the Rubbers referred to that way. Maybe a name for the graphic/color?

Are the XN10s tapered or traditional?

Do these guys ship to USA?

The Red Lite XN10s (from that site) are standard. The tapered R2XN10s are black and yellow. Both are excellent.