Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Boston Bruins 2015-2016

Given the salary constraints, I'm beginning to be impressed with what Sweeney's done, especially after learning Dougie stunned them by indicating he wanted out. I suspect Sweeney's and Neely's eyes are open that these transactions are only bringing in complementary players, and they obviously need more than that to contend again, but he's been aggressive in trying to correct the cap situation.

I really like Sweeney's last few moves. I absolutely love the Smith deal, dumping Smith along with Savards contract alone would be good enough, but to get Hayes back too...nicely done Donny. I was afraid they overpaid for Belesky, but 3.9 per year is pretty reasonable.

They just need a NHL dman and a backup.

I found this one funny. All three first rounders failed the conditioning test, which sounds pretty easy: (3) 300 meter runs under 60 seconds, with a 3 minute rest between each one.

Welcome to adulthood, boys......

I found this one funny. All three first rounders failed the conditioning test, which sounds pretty easy: (3) 300 meter runs under 60 seconds, with a 3 minute rest between each one.

Welcome to adulthood, boys......

Outdoors on a wet surface, not the best of conditions to be doing that type of thing.

Went to training camp today. Starting to get excited for the season. It will be interesting what line combinations will start the the season.

One of the lines that I saw today that might start the season was Pasternak, Beleskey, and Krejci. Most other veterans had rookies with them.

Gustavsson wins the backup job getting a one year, one way deal for $700,000.

I am glad, now I have a reason to watch them! Besides the Winter Classic that is.

How do waivers work for Talbot? I know he got waived, but wasn't sent to Providence, and it seems like he was able to practice with the NHL team. And now he's in the game tonight. Did he have to clear waivers again to come back?

I don't know what on earth they are going to do. Even with Chara today they just look lost out there. They've been outplayed in every game, and against Montreal they were looked like an AHL team.

I think it looks like bringing back Julien looks even worse now. It's not all his fault but I can't see him turning this around. They haven't played this bad since before Julien.

It's going to be a long season.

I do not think it is fair to blame defense for the total collapse. The whole team is terrible! Well, the season is young but I do not have a warm and fuzzy about the Bs at this point...

Yeah the inexperience and charas age are definitely showing on the back end through the first 3 games. In their own zone especially.

There have been too many unforced errors on the backend and instances of overhandling the puck. When they do get a look at a clean breakout the passes haven't been on target and they've lost their momentum up ice and into the forecheck because guys are trying to reel in pucks behind them or kick them up out of their feet. All correctable things but it will take a little time and patience. I'm still hopeful they'll be in the hunt for the 8th spot come April but I wouldn't be surprised if they miss the cut again this year. Especially if Tuukka keeps letting in the softies.

I agree, Tuuka must be better. Not acceptable. Great to see Gustavsson stepping up as well. Hayes with a multi-point production. Happy for the local guy.

They looked a ton calmer last night on the road. They also seemed to have a lot less turnovers and better decision making. It's hopefully closer to how they will be. It is a very small step though.

Nice to see them taking care of the puck, starting to like the Hayes-Spooner combination. When Marchy comes back in the next few games here from his concussion, I am interested to see if he goes right back to hayes-spooner-connoly and if he moves Kelly back to the 4th line. He seemed to really keep those 2 youngins on their game.

When a team is fifth worst in 5-on-5 play, let alone worst on the penalty kill, it really cannot afford to be undisciplined.

Presuming good health (and stronger legs than last season), I think Seidenberg will make a big difference, although I think that will only elevate them to scratching for one of the last spots.