Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XOX

APX2 or X900

The X900 is a very similar skate to the X100, which was a step down from the APX2. It is heavier than the APX2 (818g vs. 766g per HM, though a good amount of that may be due to the change from Fusion to LS3 steel). In any case, weight's at worst a wash between the two. At most retailers that X900 is also significantly more expensive than the APX2 right now as the APX2 is on closeout. One site has the X900 at $730 and the APX2 at $425. That's a little less than a half off discount.

If you can find the APX2 in your size at a discounted price I'd definitely get it over the X900 as its a better or at least equally good a skate for significantly less $$. If you don't like the injected lacing setup for some reason, I'd still look for an X100 in your size on closeout before the X900.

I would ONLY pay full retail for the X900 if neither the APX2 nor the X100 are available in your size, or if for some reason your retailer is still selling the older model skates at full price. LS3 stock steel is kinda cool, but definitely not worth $300+. You can easily find replacement steel for $50-$60 if you really don't like fusion steel.

While both skates are Curv constructed skates, with the APX2 you're getting the injected lacing system, comfort edge and wear pads, a thicker felt tongue, and a vented outersole.

Thanks jonesy that's the exact incite I was looking for! I was only torn because I wasn't sure if the new od1n inspired x-rib pattern would be an advantage in itself over the apx2, but aside from that I love the lacing system. Although I just got rid of my mx3's and hated that lacing system but have skated apx2's and absolutely loved that lacing system. MX3's just had to much volume so going back to vapors. Thanks again!

I can always count on you guys. We are all total gear heads I love it!

The X800 is also a curv quarterpackage its the exact same as the 1x and the x900, the only difference on it is LS2 steel and Pro TPU outsole instead of composite. Its also listed at 788grams, so its technically a lighter skate than the x900. If you can't find apx2 or x100 this might be the best value skate.

Hey guys again thanks for all your help. Wanted to give you an update, I ended up going with Bauer 1x figured i'd just bite the bullet.