Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam2097

For those who say Injected Lacing Increases Volume :

Curious to hear some other experiences :

Tried MX3 / and 190 in store the other day - and unbaked failed "pencil test" on MX3 - but passed on 190.

Both skates felt great - even unbaked - heel lock was fantastic but the depth wasn't there on the MX3 for me. Shockingly felt like my APX2 depth wise - not much difference.

By no means did I fail the "test" miserably - but was surprised as though people say injected laces created for more volume - which I now see at least in my case to be false.

May be putting too much thought into this whole "pencil test" thing - but in rationality it makes sense and sets a margin.

Even more shocking - tried on the 1X for sh*ts and giggles - and Bauer seems to have made it DEEPER this time around / vs APX2 AND MX3.

And the epic journey for the "perfect" skate goes on...

same boat as you. I tried on both the MX3 and 190's. I failed the pencil test on the MX3s so I bought the 190's. I really wanted the 190's more anyway because of the steal and tongue.

Injected lacing does not change the position of the hole, therefore absolutely zero impact on volume.

No, but it does change how far the end of the ankle padding goes towards the eyelets which changes the depth somewhat as I can't fit in any supreme skate in history but I can fit in MX3's.

Its the exact opposite for me

I fit the 190 Volume wise / MX3 I do not.

Fit in the Total Ones when I had them - Volume wise (Reg eyelets)

Bit confused to those saying it "Gains" volume

From my own personal experience trying on both skates I was able to get a much more wrapped feeling fit than a traditional lacing system

Agreed! And hence the reason for my post!

Just pulled the trigger on some MX3s myself. I too felt that the injected lacing system gave a better overall wrapped feeling than the traditional style. I also had an excellent heel lock in the MX3s. No contest there vs. my APXs.

Pre bake, they are still sitting in the box...LOL I have a lot of work to do this week, ill bake them next mid week before hockey on Wednesday night.

The volume isn't GREAT so to speak, but it's certainly more than my APXs... FINALLY pass a pencil test with the MX3s. EPIC fail on my APXs..

Yes, APX 1s Still like the skates, they've served me well, but eventually a poor fit will rear it's ugly head. It's been 2 years, and the lacebite is getting worse each skate. I have to loose lace them, and not use the top lace holes..

Yeah those were straight to the sin bin

APX2 have served much better - 1X seem to be even more improvements by Bauer.

Did you try 1X when you got your MX3?

Unfortunately NO... The highest line available in Vapors were the APX2s. No X1s at the LHS at that time. I did like the APX2s... BUT, the low volume issue was still the same as my original APXs, hence the purchase of the Supremes..

You guys got me worried...

The MX3s fit was leaps and bounds over my APX1s, as far as volume and width. I WISH I could have had a chance to try the 1Xs. Never even thought of anything in the vapor line having more volume than a supreme.

Proof here that trying on skates has no substitute.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but POST bake should "loosen" up that tight spot just before the cap, and allow my heel to sit back a bit more, possibly giving a bit more room?

Don't think post bake will loosen up that area before the cap - I know exactly which one your talking about because its a hot spot for my foot as well.

But maybe punching out in that area would be solution - and yes post bake you will gain some space in the heel padding.

Surprised myself when I put on the 1X

I found that it did widen the toebox/let me slide back ever so slightly in my One.7s. Not sure which happened but it felt a little less pinched after the bake. I forget if the MX3 footbed has wings around the toe or not, but you might also do well to snip those off.

When I tried the MX3s on I asked a salesman at my LHS if I could pull out the insert just to see if the "wings" on the insert were in fact an issue. He said that if I pulled the insole out, I BOUGHT THEM! SO... I just bought them without trying them with no insole.

He was not very kind.

Anyway, I am anxious to bake them and see if I get some forefoot relief. From what I've gathered to help remedy this is the following: don't tie the front laces hardly at all, and gently put some weight on the forefoot to help stretch the area during cooling.

Any other things I may consider while I await cooling in the "hotfeet" position?

So the salesman wouldn't let you remove the crap insoles that come in the skates when trying them on and you still bought skates from him?

Post bake DID in fact loosen up the area of concern. amazed at how the material softened up so much. I applied some forefoot pressure for about a minute or so and that seemed to do the trick. I AM however, concerned about the area on the top of the skate where that pesky BUTTON lies to secure the tongue insert. It was causing noticeable pain during the waiting period after the bake. Had a nice big red spot after I took them off...YIKES!

Yes I did buy them from him anyway.

Hey Zorlac,

I had the same hot spot with my MX3's post bake. It irritated my foot for about a month, but is now completely gone and the skates fit like a glove. I didn't punch them out.

The only change I made was putting in superfeet yellow, and of course removing the fusion steel. Also, I use the mid flex tongue.

Like most new skates it wull hurt for a little while, but once you break them in there shouldn't be any problems. That was my experience, hope it helps.

Great MILOS! I was hoping someone would chime in with encouragement.. They feel amazing after baking.

I have a question..I read on the baking instructions that Bauer recommends at least 1 hour of cooling prior to using them. What happened to 24hrs?

So.... I had them baked at noon today, I want to play hockey tonight at 9pm. I'm good to go as far as warranty? Materials should be fine correct?