Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerla18

New Stick+Curve

Hey guys I need a new stick and want the "perfect" one this time..... Ive been testing around with some different curves/ companies over the year and to be honest i really enjoy mid/toe curves like the p92 and ccm bergeron i need a rounded to was i love toe dragging so although the p14 was a good curve for shooting i found the stickhandlign and toe dragging bad cause the squarish toe and small blade. I can't use the kreps as its to much of a toe curve and my stick handling suffers. I am a forward that likes to dangle, stickhandle and i love to toe drag a lot i take a lot of snap/wrist shots and maybe the odd slapper every once and a while.(not very often). I like ccm/bauer but am open to try anything to get that perfect stick that just feels right. I'm quite interested in the new true sticks.

i used a 65 flex earlier and i love the whip and the extra power it adds to my shot but i notice i can't take snapshots i tried a 77 and notice its a tad bit stiff for me and i don't get alot of power (if only their was a 70 flex)

i heard ccm is coming out with a sakic clone with the ultra tacks is this true?

Intermediate sticks are to short and the shafts are to small but i love the flex. i may have to deal with the 75-77 types flex until i can get stronger.

I'm 15 about 155 lbs and 6 feet

What sticks would you guys recommend? What flex? and what curve?

Thanks!

I read somewhere the new P29 is very similar to the P92 however not as open at the toe. I prefer the P19 as it isn't as big a curve as the P92 which for me give me better puck control when stickhandling.

Do you like mid kick, low kick? What other sticks have you used before?

For the blades I like the p14. I recommend trying out the e28/p28 at a shooting pit but it sounds like you already know what you like.

For stick flex, do you have to cut the stick at all? I know with the warrior sticks you can cut to about 4 inches and it won't make the stick stiffer.

There are a bunch of other threads on here that can help you out more.

You can get an intermediate warrior stick at 70 flex. It might actually be the perfect length for you, I'm 5'10 and i cut mine down to 55", warrior int sticks are 57" long, should be great for you at 6'.

As for blades their kopitar/henrique w03 is a p92 clone, I really like the zetterberg w88, which is their p88 equivalent, its almost like p92 just not as open at the toe. w28 is a massive toe curve just like p28/e28.