Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markush

CCM Tacks vs Bauer APX2 / 1x

I am currently using the APX2 but intending either switching to CCM Tacks or to the Bauer 1x.

Would be great to hear your thoughts and feedback who were already able to try them out / compare them.

CCM Tacks is a deeper, much wider boot than the APX2. 1x is a similar fit profile to the APX2, but some have said it's noticeably deeper. Both are good skates, but they are almost as far apart in terms of fit as two skates can get. You'd be well served to check out RibCors and Makos as well. Tacks are a bit heavier than the Vapor boots.

All that said, going from a Vapor EE width to a Tacks D could work out.

Might want to check out Mako if you like the Vapor. Although I have no tried on the CCM Ribcor, I tried it one while it was branded as Reebok (not sure if exactly the same still) but Mako's were better fitting for me. There's almost no negative space.

No one skate is faster than another skate in every situation for every skater. It all depends on fit. No the toe cap volume is not the same as the Vapor is likely slimmer. Get the skate that fits best for your foot. Period.

The 1x is lighter than Tacks. That is literally the only thing we can reasonably tell you as a performance difference between the two skates without you trying them both on. Pick the one that fits your foot better and gives you the better heel lock.