Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyounghockeystick

Hockey or Girl?

Which one will you choose if your girlfriend ask you to go shopping with her,at the same time, your teammate need you to win a game ?
Unfortunately,that happen to me.
I love hockey , every weekend,playing hockey..hockey ..and hockey...
meanwhile i spend almost all my rest time with her between Monday and Friday.
So this weekend i refused to go shopping with her . Then she got mad!We quarreled,she try to broke my favorite hockey stick. the one my father bought for me, though it is cheap,but without it i can not done so well in the game.
Luckily,the stick is good quality and she didn’t not broke it.but i am very angry for what she have done.
So how to persuade her to give me some free time to play hockey?

Ya give her your hockey schedule and you say:

"This is when I play hockey. During these times I am not available to go shopping."

It's rather simple, once one has established oneself as selfish, stubborn individual that does not do lame stuff (like going shopping for women's apparel), and has been accepted as such. If you have been a bit of a push over to this point, then it may be too late for you, with this one. If this is the case, then no need to waste your time convincing this one of the value of your playing hokey. Go get a new one, and just be selfish and stubborn from the start, and then if she sticks around, then you know you got a keeper !! :)

Anyone who knows me, will support me that this is indeed how I manage my marriage (as well as the failed 300 or so failed dating endeavors prior). Other guys that I play hockey with, must not have been as stubborn from the get-go with their wives, and thus, they do not have the privilege of playing whenever they want, absent antagonism.

Sounds like it's time to find a different girl. Expecting you to spend all your time with her and trying to break something that she knows you like when you have something else to do, that's not a good sign.

Sounds like it's time to find a different girl. Expecting you to spend all your time with her and trying to break something that she knows you like when you have something else to do, that's not a good sign.

This. Run, son.

When she starts trying to break stuff your feet need to start walking the other way. If she is breaking stuff for such a little, unimportant issue just imagine how she will behave later on when you have to deal with something bigger.

Hey Hyoung, are you in China/Taiwan? If so, fellas, the dating scene and young women in general are very very different animals compared to here in North America haha

Well, he's going to get NA advice! :)

Don't be a d*ck nor a doormat.

Be a man. Do man stuff. Then, when your schedule is not busy with man stuff, make the time to take her out for dinner, a movie, and shopping.

If she has the type of temper where she'd break one of my $250 hockey sticks, she'd be gone pretty quickly. And for not going shopping? I lay it out at the beginning that I play on Mondays and Wednesdays and when I'm coaching, I'm pretty much at the rink every day. A bit of preparation and a heads-up can go a long way.

"Don't stick your d*ck in crazy."

If I had a dollar for every time my teammates told me this... :rolleyes: But yeah, she sounds like she isn't worth it. I've missed hockey due to my (now-ex) girlfriend before, and I was quite unhappy about it. As long as some time gets devoted to her, there seemingly shouldn't be an issue.

As for trying to break your stick... There's a reason I'm the only one who touches my sticks hahah.

A person who thinks it's okay to break your things when they're mad at you is not a person you should be dating, whether it's a guy or a gal.

+123456789

First it starts with a broken hockey stick, then it ends with broken dreams.

Move on unless she is super hot. >9.75 on the major college universal scale. Just saying, don't hate on the old guy.

A good gal from MN would let you play hockey and all da gals here are 9.75+ on the major college universal scale.

QFT. Made that mistake once.

You can miss out on a lot of fun if you do that, the key is not to let the crazy ones know where you work or live.

Watch this:

I absolutely love that video. What makes it really funny is the fact that I dated a red head named Tiffany when I was younger.

Hey Hyoung, are you in China/Taiwan? If so, fellas, the dating scene and young women in general are very very different animals compared to here in North America haha

yes i am in china, haha ,they think that i am not engage in honest work, :wacko:

Yup, I feel for you man, from what I've heard/read, it's tough being a bachelor over there unless you have a house & car. Girls are crazy over there haha

in fact ,we have being in love for more than 5 years, i know she is just annoying for some problem accumulated.

Watch this:

Great video :laugh:

+123456789

First it starts with a broken hockey stick, then it ends with broken dreams.

haha. luckily the stick is good quality.

Ya give her your hockey schedule and you say:

"This is when I play hockey. During these times I am not available to go shopping."

It's rather simple, once one has established oneself as selfish, stubborn individual that does not do lame stuff (like going shopping for women's apparel), and has been accepted as such. If you have been a bit of a push over to this point, then it may be too late for you, with this one. If this is the case, then no need to waste your time convincing this one of the value of your playing hokey. Go get a new one, and just be selfish and stubborn from the start, and then if she sticks around, then you know you got a keeper !! :)

Anyone who knows me, will support me that this is indeed how I manage my marriage (as well as the failed 300 or so failed dating endeavors prior). Other guys that I play hockey with, must not have been as stubborn from the get-go with their wives, and thus, they do not have the privilege of playing whenever they want, absent antagonism.

yes, i gave her a schedule ,and she agreed.

The crazy runs deep here in China with the princess mentality of the girls. Thankfully not as bad here in Hong Kong.

It's just about as bad, bud. Have you seen the girls down in Mong Kok?