Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AmeriCanadian

Mako 2 vs total one

So after having my nexus 8000 for a little over 1 1/2 seasons it has finally broke (actually was the first stick where the shaft broke on me instead of the blade, good job Bauer!) I really wanna try something else and I'm not paying 260 for a stick and I never have. I found a totalone college prostock with bauers p89 77flex for 110 or a mako 2 75flex with the p9 curve. I've used a 1000 (loved it but can't find anymore :() the first mako which I've liked and the 8000 which of these would be a better choice as they're both excellent prices. Thanks guys!

Couple of things to think about:

- curve and lie, how different are they to what you are using. Something close makes a stick swap easier to keep your game going at the same level.

- Bauer plays stiffer than Easton

- total one is an a amplified mid kick stick, Mako is low kick stick so getting the feel of the stick for shooting depends on if you hit a lot of slap shots (TO) or snap / wristers (Mako)

- durability. I've had both sticks and the TO was streets ahead of the Mako in this regard.

If I was buying I'd take the TO every time, imho one of the best sticks Bauer has made. But at the price for either then take both if you can....

Couple of things to think about:

- curve and lie, how different are they to what you are using. Something close makes a stick swap easier to keep your game going at the same level.

- Bauer plays stiffer than Easton

- total one is an a amplified mid kick stick, Mako is low kick stick so getting the feel of the stick for shooting depends on if you hit a lot of slap shots (TO) or snap / wristers (Mako)

- durability. I've had both sticks and the TO was streets ahead of the Mako in this regard.

If I was buying I'd take the TO every time, imho one of the best sticks Bauer has made. But at the price for either then take both if you can....

Thanks for the reply it seems to me that the T1 would be the better option but my one concern is that I've heard the the p89 is either nothing like p88 or it's very similar and I could never find a good picture... Would anyone have one?

Thanks for the reply it seems to me that the T1 would be the better option but my one concern is that I've heard the the p89 is either nothing like p88 or it's very similar and I could never find a good picture... Would anyone have one?

My recollection is that the curve is mid, mild and the toe is more open. Here is a pic from an ebay sale, valid for the next 3 days or if it sells before hand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190836778891?rmvSB=true

It's the old Warrior Vanek or Easton Darby as well, so there are quite a few old photos on here in discussions about it popping up in MyBauer and whatnot.

I looked up the vanek and it seems like something I'd be very interested in and I think I may have used something close for that, that being said how is ccm's p45 compare? Based on the vanes pictures the look very close right down to the toe of the blade. So does the p89 match up to the p45?

the Mako II is VERY whippy. I use a 75 flex and the 75 Mako II was unusable. Felt like a 55 flex. I had two of them that were exactly like that, so it wasn't the batch.

Watch out. Such a shame too because I loved the feel and shaft shape of that stick.