Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zzapdog

SB +4.0 vs TUUK LS holder

The SB is 4mm higher for better lean angle in turns. Not sure if LS edge holders are taller or if they just have the trigger system.

Can confirm Edge holders are taller. 3mm taller than LS2, to be exact. They're very similar to the SB4.0 really. CCM has generally had very slightly more pitched forward (again, we're talking a 1mm difference) holders than Bauer for the Prolite and E-Pro holders, but I don't know whether that continued in the SB4.0 line. You should be happy with either.

One thing you should consider is whether you want to be able to replace stock steel with aftermarket runners from a company like Step or Blackedge. I believe Bauer has some form of proprietary rights in the Edge connection mechanism, so no other companies are making runners for them. I think there is Blackedge treated LS3 out there, but Step has yet to release any runners for the Lightspeed Edge. In contrast, Step and BlackEdge both have runners out for the SB4.0.

I'd go for the SB runners simply because the steel trumps any steel Bauer currently produces.

It's my favorite steel to sharpen (next to Step)