Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockeylife20

Switching From New CCM Tacks to Bauer Help

Where should I start? Which Bauer Model has the same fit profile? I want to know so I can call ahead to my LHS and make sure they have my size the store I use has limited quantities. I currently wear a 9.5 D in the tacks and they fit well.

as far as i know the tacks are an anatomical fit like the bauer supreme but are supposed to provide a quick start like the bauer vapors so its kind of a hybrid. although going off fit id say supreme. Also though, if the tacks work well, why switch? personally i dont know why im not in them such a great boot but i just cant seem to get away from bauer.

My daughter was a 4.5 in Tacks and recently switched over to APX2, which ended up being size 5. Almost identical fits.

Fit and comfort aside, the real difference will be the pitch of the holder. The SB is moe upright, whereas the LS will bring you slightly forward. Nothing a profiling can't take care of.

My daughter was a 4.5 in Tacks and recently switched over to APX2, which ended up being size 5. Almost identical fits.

Fit and comfort aside, the real difference will be the pitch of the holder. The SB is moe upright, whereas the LS will bring you slightly forward. Nothing a profiling can't take care of.

SB is more neutral, LS more forward pitch then SB?

CCM engineers designed the boot to fit like a Supreme. Personally I have switched from NXG's to Tacks and there is a fairly significant difference. Tacks have a more aggressive pitch (Like the APX) and the sizing is different. your 9.5 in CCM is likely to be a 10-10.5 in Bauer. Its taken a couple times heat molding to get it to fit like my NXG's, but the more I use them the more I like them.

SB is more neutral, LS more forward pitch then SB?

That has been her take on them. She is a strong skater, but it took her some time to get acclimated to the APXs. Her comment was that during sharp turns she felt like she was going to go over the front of them, compared to her Tacks at least.

I have a pair of Bauer NXG and just got a pair of Tacks. Fit is just about the same in both. I would start with that line or maybe try the Nexus line for a little more volume.