Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Who's getting a Bauer 1N stick? Really "better" than a 1000/8000?

as far as i know, the european sticks are a little bit more durable... the bauer ppl told me its because european hockey... they slash more and use there sticks more then north american players do

Ive got a int N8000 in a giroux curve coming soon! I had a nexus 4000 last year because at the time i couldnt afford the 8000 especially as i was in the midst of experimenting with curves. I did fall in love with the nexus range of sticks.

Its coming as a 67flex but i am short.. but i'll post some feed back soon.

I accidentally ran into a 1N last night. My LHS had the new big Bauer 1N display with a stick on it and I did a double take. I grabbed the stick and wondered if there were more on the rack by mistake but no. I stick handled with a weighted ball with the 1N p14 87 grip and it was really light, great puck feel and flexing the stick it felt like an 87 should feel unlike the 8000 I played with right afterwards it does give me a 1000 ish feel though. It gave me the shooters stick vibe, I couldn't put it down and I almost asked if they would sell it to me.

The puck feel of the 1x is definitely better but the 1N is very good and much better than the 8000. I'm getting a couple of 1X sticks but if those don't work out I'm definitely going to get a 1N

Update: I had the chance to shoot with the Nexus 1N in multiple flexes. Let me start off with the stick does indeed play whippy. I used an 87 flex and wrist shots came off crisp but snap shots felt soft. The stick is light and the puck feel is nice, not as good as the 1X but it definitely loads easily. I didn't get to shoot it on ice skating but on synthetic ice at the new Bauer store. I felt that wrist shots were its best type of shot, I had better snappers with the MX3 and though I didn't take any slapshots I feel you'd want to go up in flex if you plan on taking them or you might not get the result you want taking them

Thanks for the feedback. Since I'm somewhere between an intermediate and senior, the Nexus line has been great for me because I can step up to a senior in 77 flex since it's whippy. Have you used the original 1000?

The 1N is available in Australia. I was considering picking one up (despite already buying heaps of sticks this year) but cant decide between it and the MX3. Supreme and Nexus are the only top end sticks I haven't used yet. Favourite stick so far is a toss up between the 1X and Superfast.

To those that have had some shots with the 1N is it true about what they say about the "Sweet Spot"?

I've had one for a while and i'm not a fan. I used and loved the 1000 but the 1N just doesn't feel the same. Shooting is really solid and IMO the only thing I actually like about the stick. The blade feels average at best, with some of the other sticks im testing the 1N feels like a two piece with a wooden blade by comparison. Its a shame because this stick shoots rockets but I haven't been able to comfortably use this stick for very long. I normally grab it first and have to go to something else shortly after.

Picked one up today and already my fav stick.

Shooting is insane. Been running total ones for the last few years and tried an 8000 when it came out ( horrible ) and was sketchy about trying 1n. But wow Bauer stepped it up. I can't believe how hard I can shoot with this Stick and how fast I can unload shots with its release

I felt the 8000 felt "heavy" in comparison to the other top end bauers but the 1n feels perfect in ur hands

as far as i know, the european sticks are a little bit more durable... the bauer ppl told me its because european hockey... they slash more and use there sticks more then north american players do

Makes sense. I've been told that there's no checking for age groups under 16 or something, so the players learn how finesse before they learn the physical aspect of the game. Explains why European hockey is faster.

Hey All, my N8000 Intermediate 67 flex arrived yesterday. I ordered it in the P28 (coming from a Mako II E28 curve 65flex).

first impressions: Great looking stick, and light for its price range.

Blade comparison: between the E28 and P28. Comparing both the E28 and P28 (both sticks are intermediates and around the 65 flex point), the Bauer P28 is "slightly" longer. But all else is the same. I compared it to the P88 in last years nexus 4000, and the blade length is similar to the P88 (ie shorter then a P92).

Shaft dimensions: compared to last years Nexus 4000, the shaft feels like it has slightly more rounded corners (which i much prefer).

I will be trying out the stick tonight, so will leave some feedback tommorow, but initial impressions are the stick is shaping up to be a good stick (at least for me).

Shaft dimensions: compared to last years Nexus 4000, the shaft feels like it has slightly more rounded corners (which i much prefer).

I wish Bauer's customizer would let you choose shaft shape. Like, I wouldn't mind paying $260 for a 1N with Mircofeel II corners.

Why do so many people dislike the 8000? I feel like when it came out, people didn't pan it right away, but 2 years later, it seems like lots of people go out of their way to bad mouth it, and are pining for the 1000.

I had the 6000 and liked it, as far as $150 sticks go.

I wish Bauer's customizer would let you choose shaft shape. Like, I wouldn't mind paying $260 for a 1N with Mircofeel II corners.

This. So much. We're at, or are rapidly approaching, the point where stick prices hit a ceiling, and I'm beginning to doubt that I'll ever pay full retail for a top-of-the-line stick ever again. That said, if the customizer would let me have Micro-Feel II shaft dimensions on a Supreme stick, I would seriously reconsider.

Why do so many people dislike the 8000? I feel like when it came out, people didn't pan it right away, but 2 years later, it seems like lots of people go out of their way to bad mouth it, and are pining for the 1000.

I had the 6000 and liked it, as far as $150 sticks go.

I'll put my two cents in. Newer isn't always better for one. In order to keep sales up even though an excellent stick might already be in production, changes must be made even if they aren't good ones. I have used all 3 models, the Nexus 1N I shot in a cage but never played a game with though.

I feel that if you were to blackout all of the top Nexus line sticks (1000, 8000, 1N) and use them all on the ice with identical specs you'd pick one that you wouldn't have expected. I think that as long as the stick is your curve, your ideal flex out of the list you will be happy. I have used a bunch of each (1N not so much) but I in fact just picked up ones of these

9A5F8097-7FB3-465E-A6EC-58FEE2728322_zps

Nexus 1000, 82 flex P92 Grip pro stock. RB8A code (retail Nexus 1000). I think it's fantastic and even though I can afford a 1N custom, I'm not

confident after shooting both that I'd be happier with the 1N. I DO think marketing plays a big role. I think that if you did a blackout stick test with 100 pros and all 3 top of the line Nexus sticks the results would shock you.

Alright smart ass forget what I have to say being the guy who's owned them all.

But you haven't said what it was about the 1000/8000/N1 you did/didn't like or what makes the 1000 more to your liking since you just picked on up? Blade feel? The way the stick loads/releases? Graphics? Price?

I think that the Nexus 8000 played too stiff, it was much more inconsistent as far as shots go, the 1N may have a bigger sweet spot, easier to load but from when I used it snap shots gave me a mushy overpowered shaft feel. The 1000 felt like the lightest of the bunch and honestly if between the sticks puck feel wasn't really noticeably different to me unless I used the sticks back to back to back which brings me to the point I was trying to make earlier... Newer doesn't mean better. I could give you a 1000 in your correct specs and if you didn't know it was a 1000 there's a good chance you'd probably like it more than a 1N, or maybe an 8000 and so on. I personally think the 1000 is the best looking of the bunch though. I'm over the grey and silver stuff or an overly flashy stick.

Don't bother. Get a Nexus 8000 on close out

Better yet save about a $100 and get an eBay account and win yourself a brand new Nexus 8000, 1000, MX3.... Whatever you want pretty much for top of the line sticks they don't sell for more that $80-120 ish new. Brand new pro stock P28 82 Flex 1N just sold for $150.

Don't bother. Get a Nexus 8000 on close out

Better yet save about a $100 and get an eBay account and win yourself a brand new Nexus 8000, 1000, MX3.... Whatever you want pretty much for top of the line sticks they don't sell for more that $80-120 ish new. Brand new pro stock P28 82 Flex 1N just sold for $150.

I have an eBay account and check for sticks all the time. My issue is this I only trust the P88 pattern, and I cut my retail sticks down to around the 100 flex mark. I have tried a 77 flex cut down the same and I didn't like how it felt. The issue I have found with most pro stock sticks is they tend to be 6" taller than a retail stick so cutting it down an extra 6" would increase the flex to around 110 depending causing the stick to probably be too stiff. I already have an MX3 and a APX I really don't care for either of them. I really liked my original Total One so I was looking to get back to a more traditional mid kick stick.

My thoughts where the N9000 being one level down from the 1N wouldn't be a bad choice since it comes with most of the same features as a 1N. I really am looking at a comparison to the N9000 VS the Nexus 8000 top of the line from last season since they are around the same price.

I have an eBay account and check for sticks all the time. My issue is this I only trust the P88 pattern, and I cut my retail sticks down to around the 100 flex mark. I have tried a 77 flex cut down the same and I didn't like how it felt. The issue I have found with most pro stock sticks is they tend to be 6" taller than a retail stick so cutting it down an extra 6" would increase the flex to around 110 depending causing the stick to probably be too stiff. I already have an MX3 and a APX I really don't care for either of them. I really liked my original Total One so I was looking to get back to a more traditional mid kick stick.

My thoughts where the N9000 being one level down from the 1N wouldn't be a bad choice since it comes with most of the same features as a 1N. I really am looking at a comparison to the N9000 VS the Nexus 8000 top of the line from last season since they are around the same price.

The most pro sticks are extended 6 inches is not true at all and even if they are extended shafts the flex rating STARTS at retail height. 95 flex Nexus 8000 pro stock with a factory 4 inch extension is actually a 77 flex at that length. The stick you're talking about is a completely different weave than textreme and personally I think the sticks aren't working for you because you are using too stiff of a stick. If you're cutting a 77 flex down to the 102 mark that is a TON off of the stick and you might want to seek intermediate stick. P88 pro stock is not hard to find, if it's a true P88 the code will be right on the stick. I think you're wasting your time spending $200.00 on that stick when you could get two sticks that aren't price point sticks for that, hell even retail P88 Bauer can be had on eBay for dirt cheap. I can bring the horse to the river but I can't make it drink. Your call. I personally think certain sticks aren't working for you because your flex specs aren't allowing your shots to come off like they should. I can take a stick I love and if you give it to me in the wrong flex its not going to work for me either.

The most pro sticks are extended 6 inches is not true at all and even if they are extended shafts the flex rating STARTS at retail height. 95 flex Nexus 8000 pro stock with a factory 4 inch extension is actually a 77 flex at that length. The stick you're talking about is a completely different weave than textreme and personally I think the sticks aren't working for you because you are using too stiff of a stick. If you're cutting a 77 flex down to the 102 mark that is a TON off of the stick and you might want to seek intermediate stick. P88 pro stock is not hard to find, if it's a true P88 the code will be right on the stick. I think you're wasting your time spending $200.00 on that stick when you could get two sticks that aren't price point sticks for that, hell even retail P88 Bauer can be had on eBay for dirt cheap. I can bring the horse to the river but I can't make it drink. Your call. I personally think certain sticks aren't working for you because your flex specs aren't allowing your shots to come off like they should. I can take a stick I love and if you give it to me in the wrong flex its not going to work for me either.

While I agree with you that its not terribly hard to come across a true P88 on eBay in a pro stock or retail version as I have bought them before I was really just looking for peoples thoughts on the two different sticks. People rave about the G3 make up in pro stock sticks and the new 1N is suppose to mimic that profile. I have always wanted to try out a G3, but never found one in my specs, and probably never will. I did not know that the flex rating for a pro stock stick started at the retail hight of the stick. I have heard this before, but I don't remember reading if it was confirmed or not.

I do disagree with you thinking I am using the wrong flex, because I have experimented with different flexes. When in college I started out with a 102 I had great slappers, but my wrist shot was subpar at best. I bumped down to an 87 slap shots where fine and wrist shots where fine. Out of curiosity about a year ago I bought a 77 flex, my shots went to crap so I went back to an 87 shots where fine again. Both with my APX and MX3 my shots are fine, but as far as how I feel when using them I just don't like the way the sticks feel. When I was using the original Total One (87 flex) I really liked how that felt in my hands everything just felt right. I can't exactly explain it, but I'm sure you know what I mean. To add to all of this I have not paid full retail for a stick or any equipment really in quite some time.

Simply just looking for peoples thoughts on the Nexus 8000 vs N9000.