Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Who's getting a Bauer 1N stick? Really "better" than a 1000/8000?

So far I really love this stick. Shots come of very hard, and pass reception is great - I've never been able to catch hard passes on my backhand like with this stick. Very happy I took the chance and gave Bauer another try in regards to sticks :)

I have had 4 8000s. The stick loads easier, it is whippier and lighter. The blade feels more dampened but in a good way. The puck feel is still solid. With the 8000 I found some off camber shots to not come off like they should but those same shots fly with the 1N. It's almost impossible to take a bad shot with

The 8000 was garbage. Felt heavy and did not load the same. Kick was meh on that as well. The load and release of the 1n is hard to match. And it's lighter. I tried to use my mx3 in warm up yesterday just to see as I haven't in awhile and I couldn't even use it any more I just loved the 1n to much. I'll be getting another as soon as it breaks.

Thanks for the feedback, i've tried a retail 8000 and it really wasn't that bad. My stock pile of G3's is running super low, comparing the 2 sticks the only difference is in the blade.

Every game I play with the 1n makes me like it more and more. So effortless an I can shoot so bloody hard. I can shoot hard anyway but lately been hurting goalies with this thing it's crazy

Will be my stick of choice for awhile I'm sure

Thanks for the feedback, i've tried a retail 8000 and it really wasn't that bad. My stock pile of G3's is running super low, comparing the 2 sticks the only difference is in the blade.

i'm currently using a retail 8000, and I don't hate it. My all time favorite stick right now is the original total one, and I say I like my 8000 better than my MX3. Still would love to try out the 1N, but I will wait till I can score one for less than retail.

while the 1N looks incredible, I don't think my wallet (or wife) is prepared for me to spend $319 on a stick for beer league

but if a guy can snag last years 8000 or this years N9000 for $150, which one would you get?

I tend to be a believer of last years top line is better than this years mid range.

Too bad the grip is so tacky on the 1N

I ordered a n9000 today because the guy at my lhs told me its pretty close to his 1n he sais since he own both (i had to order they had no more p28 :( ) so i will tell you about it next week.

I made the mistake of trying out a team mates in warm ups last night for a couple of shots, and I think I am in love. I only took two shots with a P92 curve, and I usually use a P88. The stick has so much whip to it I felt like I was using a 77flex, but it was an 87. His stick is also a little longer than mine. Its a shame I won't be able to get one for a little while though unless I find a good deal on eBay.

started using one of my 1ns the other week. after three sessions it has cracked right down the blade.

would understand if i was ripping clappers from all over the rink but the stick went dull after receiving a pass.
bauer UK not helping because i got it from Monkeysports EU.

Bauer EU Warranty contacted 5 times and no response. messaged Bauer on Facebook who promised a reply today and had no response again.

Really disappointed in this. spending big on a top end stick which breaks from receiving a pass when my £50 nexus is still going strong.

no responses from bauer EU at all.

luckily monkeysports have dealt with the situation better than I could have ever expected and are dispatching a new stick to me.

Great service from them.

I don't have the 1N but did get last years 8000 and wow is this an incredible stick for me

Ive been chasing that unicorn stick in a LKP

guess I should have been looking at MK this entire time

my shot is harder, faster and much more accurate

also love the feel on the blade, its finally what I have been searching for

FOR ME, this twig blows away the 1X

love having a $300 stick sitting in the garage now ...... :facepalm:

I ordered a n9000 today because the guy at my lhs told me its pretty close to his 1n he sais since he own both (i had to order they had no more p28 :( ) so i will tell you about it next week.

I also got an N9000 as well on black friday to try out. It was a full $200 (CAD) less than the 1N. Excited to give it a whirl

Do you guys have any feedback on the N9000?

Do you guys have any feedback on the N9000?

Honestly, it hasn't been as great as I was hoping. It is a good stick, but I just don't feel that it is anything special. I have a hard time verbalizing what it is about the feel that makes it not my cup of tea.

Granted, I have a large stick rack (12 different sticks I can think of) and have been probably spoiled by some pretty nice sticks, so that might be part of it too

As I stated above I tried out someones 1N, but it wasn't my curve of preference. I honestly only took two shots with it, but I liked it. Just thinking if I can save myself $70 and go with the N9000 I would if it played similar to the 1N.

As I stated above I tried out someones 1N, but it wasn't my curve of preference. I honestly only took two shots with it, but I liked it. Just thinking if I can save myself $70 and go with the N9000 I would if it played similar to the 1N.

$70 is nothing over the expected life of a stick. I'd get the 1N but that's just me.

Anyone have thoughts on Bauer 1N vs CCM Tacks?

I love the tacks for all around shooting, but can't beat bauer blade patterns. 

10 hours ago, orion2284 said:

Anyone have thoughts on Bauer 1N vs CCM Tacks?

I love the tacks for all around shooting, but can't beat bauer blade patterns. 

Just an observation, CCM Tacks or CCM Ultra Tacks? The 1N would be more on par with the Ultra Tacks to my knowledge.

2 hours ago, mjpisat said:

I would but a true a5.2 on clearance from hockey money for $90.  All three are same ball park.

Made the same purchase two days ago myself. What a steal.

I ended up getting the 1N. It's been a really long time since I've used a Bauer, but really like this one. Coming from the original Tacks this feels better...add in that I've always preferred Bauer blade patterns and its a home run. Really hard wristers and slappers...great on 1 timers. I prefer the feel Makes me wish I would have used the 1000.