Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crispy92

Question on thigh rises

Hey just a quick question. I'm looking at this auction http://www.ebay.com/itm/331612718459?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is my first pair of pads and I'm starting off using them for ball hockey with the possibility of some roller action. My atk is around 17.5 I believe and I was just wondering if the 3in rise is going to make these pads uncomfortable or unusable as I'm only 5'11.

Also is this a decent deal?

I think you'd be okay, especially on your first set of pads since it's all going to feel awkward anyway. For somebody who has been playing goal for a long time they may have trouble getting used to a +3

The price right now is good but any higher than 250 and id probably look elsewhere.

I shouldn't say my first pair, but my first legitimate pair of decent pads. Before I've used Bauer street pads and tour street pads.

It's hard to say then. Thigh rise is generally a preference thing. Depends on whether you think you can get used to thigh rises that overlap in your stance or not.

Those pads are old school Koho's, not the new reskinned RBKs. I'd stay away from them. They aren't going to be suited for modern goaltending, and they are going to be heavy.

I would have suggested the same but he said they're for ball hockey so I figured buying crappy pads you can beat to shit was actually what you'd be looking for.

I would have suggested the same but he said they're for ball hockey so I figured buying crappy pads you can beat to shit was actually what you'd be looking for.

I was thinking more of the part where he said he was going to transition to some roller hockey. Those are really overkill for ball hockey. And they will be soooo heavy. For the $150 or whatever they would cost, I just think are better options. You're so argumentative today! lol

I was thinking more of the part where he said he was going to transition to some roller hockey. Those are really overkill for ball hockey. And they will be soooo heavy. For the $150 or whatever they would cost, I just think are better options. You're so argumentative today! lol

Haha nah, I agreed with you I just didn't say anything because I figured it was intentional :P

So thanks for the help guys. I passed on the kohos and picked up some mission helium pros for $97. I heard the pros aren't as good for sport court due to the jenpro material but for $97 I thought it'd be a good deal.

Quick question on toe ties though, if I laced them through eyelets in my shoe would that serve the same purpose?

Not sure what you'd do with toe ties and shoes... I've never played goal on anything but ice. As far as the jenpro on sport court, you could always see if your league allows Rollerflys?

Just looked into rollerflys and they look pretty awesome, but unless I find them used I can't justify spending double the price of the pads for them