Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iregi

g535s supra

Here's a brief overview of my hockey experience. I picked up skating about 2 months ago I got a deal on ice time and second hand skates from a guy that works at the local rink, got into a rec league for baddies like myself, and I decided to purchases skates that actually fit. AKA I'm a fucking NUB and just want to get a broader view on the skates I bought.

I picked these up as my first hockey skate. I've got wide feet and I'm loving the fit but I'm also experiencing alot of ankle "wobble" a few guys at the local rink are telling me the skates I have are beyond a steal for the 99$ I paid for them and that I just need to spend a couple weeks on the ice getting used to the freedom these skates provide.

I'm just wondering if my time in crappy fit second hand skates with no ankle freedom is biasing my view on these skates and if it's just a time thing until I get used to being able to lean my ankles more.

They are an ok mid range skate. You said it yourself, you started 2 months ago. Spend the next 2 years working hard on balance drills, especially one foot drills and edge drills. Until you learn to balance on top of your skates your skating will be poor regardless of what skates you have.

Yeah just keep practicing. One thing you could try, if you're not already doing that, is to tuck the tongue under your shin pads when you're putting the skates on. It'll help you feel a bit more stable without restricting your movement too much. Small stuff really, in the end its just all about getting used to skating, thats the big thing.

If they're a good fit--toes barely brushing the inside of the toe cap, not too tight, not too loose, no lace bite, etc...

..yeah, just keep working on your edges-especially your outside edges. Work them enough and standing on the center of your blade will feel easy.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome to the sport!