Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tedpenguins

Skate Sharpenings

Not sure if there was already a topic about this but I need to get my skates sharpened before Friday night for beer league. I always normally went to a local shop but the last couple of Sharpenings were complete garbage so it's time to change. I'm probably going to try Total Hockey and the FBV but I need to know about how long it takes to get them sharpened there. Since they're a bigger store I'm not sure if they would need a heads up or anything. Beer league and Total Hockey are about a 30 minute drive so I wanna make sure I give myself plenty of time. Thanks in advance!

On average it takes about 5 minutes to sharpen a pair of skates but it's impossible to predict how long yours will take until you get there. You might luck out and be the first in line and be in and out quickly. There might be 20 people ahead of you due to some tournament nearby.

If you need your skates done by a certain day it's best to go the day before. Worst comes to worse you can always leave your skates overnight and have the morning guy take care of your skates first thing the next day. They'll be ready by the time you're in.

Did you try calling the shop in question?

Haven't called yet, but I probably will tonight. I think I'm just going to head up very early, drop the skates off, and go get a bite to eat while they're getting sharpened.

The Total Hockey website/store locator gives you an estimated time and a list of how many skates are being sharpened/just completed. But obviously that could change a lot during your 30 minute drive. But at least you could drop them off and see when they were completed so you could head back there