Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mario123

Warrior Dynasty HD1 & HD Pro

Just wondering if anyone has tried either of these sticks. My local shop only has the HD1. Would both of these perform similarly?

How would the HD1 compare to the NXG?

Just wondering if anyone has tried either of these sticks. My local shop only has the HD1. Would both of these perform similarly?

How would the HD1 compare to the NXG?

I, myself haven't used it. But Chase from Ice Warehouse said it is similar to the NXG, if that's the case I might get one.

The TotalOne, NXG, and MX3 are all amazing sticks.

Have the HD1 courtesy of the Warrior VIP Program.

Since I started playing again after about seven months off from a knee injury, I've used the 1X, 1N, True X Core 9, A 6.0, Stealth CX, QR1, and HD1.

The HD1 ranks last on that list. Blade isn't nearly as lively as the QR1's was, and I'm not a huge fan of the shaft shape. I like a squared-off concave shaft, but the HD1 is very, very boxy. I just feel like the stick just isn't kicking like I'd expect a Warrior stick would. I wanted to love it, because the QR1 was awesome to me. I just haven't liked it much.

Out of the mid kick sticks on that list hd1, both true sticks, 1N what order do you rank? My fave low kick has been qr1, after hd1 thinking about trying the a6.0

Out of the mid kick sticks on that list hd1, both true sticks, 1N what order do you rank? My fave low kick has been qr1, after hd1 thinking about trying the a6.0

Technically, the True A6.0 is not a mid kick stick but the XCore 9 is. IMO, the A6.0 kicked similarly to the Ultra Tacks / Nexus sticks though, albeit I've only spent 2 hours with the A6.0 or so.

In my experience the 5.2 performs equally to the 6.0 with better durability, same goes for HD Pro vs HD1

Technically, the True A6.0 is not a mid kick stick but the XCore 9 is. IMO, the A6.0 kicked similarly to the Ultra Tacks / Nexus sticks though, albeit I've only spent 2 hours with the A6.0 or so.

I too found that the nexus and 6.0 have similar kicks

Tried an 85 flex Karlsson curve at HM shooting range, and found that the puck did not come off the blade hot at all.

In my opinion from using the Bauer NXG and MX3, Nexus 1000/8000 and stick handled with the 1N, I've used the QR1, Ribcor, 1X, APX2 and though I have not owned an HD1 or True stick I have shot with them. I personally don't think that the HD1 or True stick is anything special to warrant me buying one with the crap durability of both. I have seen and broken more Warrior sticks and seen more Trues break than any other stick.

I think the Nexus line is your best bet, 1N felt great, I wasn't crazy about the 8000 but the 1000 was better. The NXG/MX3 are great too.

I'd pick the XCore 9 or the A6.0 over any of them. Only thing that has tainted my experience with the XC9 is the XC system on the bottom of the blade. As I discussed in the True stick thread, the XC system is also on the bottom of the blade, uncovered, which creates some drag for me. As I only play roller hockey now, I don't tape the bottom of my blade, so there's a bit of drag when I use it. However, in terms of general feel and performance of the stick, I absolutely love it.

Interesting you said that about True sticks having bad durability 60pluswinger, because at least where the XC9 is concerned, I know as of two weeks ago, True themselves said they had only received one stick back as a warranty replacement.

Chad,

Not sure I'm tracking here. I thought the Ultra Tacks and Nexus were "true" mid kicks and if the A6.0 is similar.........

On a side note, when are you guys getting 75 flex RH True 5.2's in? Been saying 9 days for like 2 months. :laugh: Looking for TC4.

Chase**,

Not sure I'm tracking here. I thought the Ultra Tacks and Nexus were "true" mid kicks and if the A6.0 is similar.........

Yeah, I hear ya. They technically have different kick points but from my experience, they play/kick similarly.

More like a smooth, less-aggressive kick point. I'd group the MX3/HD1 in a high, aggressive kick. The Nexus, Ultra Tacks and the True 6.0 have a less aggressive, more well rounded kick point. Still hard power but easy to load and release too. Definitely does not play similar to the QR1 or Stealth. IMO, that is.

After reading these threads mentioning the HD1 (& Pro), wonder why they seem to feel like a stiffer flex than their marked value? Warrior calculated flex differently on the HD line, first batch run not turn out correctly (materials, setup, etc), different feeling with the hyper drive area of the stick? Interested in the stick, but not if the flex seems way off. Anyway, just curious for the thoughts of those who've used them.