Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xstartxtodayx

Bauer One75 Skates discolored after non-use for a few years?

I've tried searching here ad on Google without much luck (but I did see similarly discolored skates on Google from various classified listings). I have a pair of Bauer One75 skates that I bought around 2009/2010, used them for about 1 season of adult hockey to replace an old pair of Graf 705's that were literally falling apart, and now after them sitting in storage and then in a garage for about 5 years (torn ACL followed by 2 kids) they have changed color to an ugly red/orange. I'm going to be getting back to playing finally and am wondering if this weird dis-colorization is normal/common or something out of the ordinary? Also, any way to make them look better?

Thanks in advance for any insight. It's been many years since I've been here but I figured if anyone knew about it then you guys and gals here would :smile:

pic of skates for reference:

20308617673_406f64c09e_c.jpg

Skates by Jon Schusteritsch, on Flickr

LOL, I've seen some of these before. Always thought they were a product of a nasty hockey bag.

Nothing much you can do. You could sharpie them, but they'd probably stink and who knows how that would look.

If they still fit, who cares about the way they look. Should be just fine. No one in adult rec will likely remember how they're actually supposed to look anyways.

LOL, I've seen some of these before. Always thought they were a product of a nasty hockey bag.

Nothing much you can do. You could sharpie them, but they'd probably stink and who knows how that would look.

If they still fit, who cares about the way they look. Should be just fine. No one in adult rec will likely remember how they're actually supposed to look anyways.

Sharpie those boys! Get a Sharpie paint pen and go to town -- just, for the love of god, do it outside. I sharpied a pair of Vapor X:60s with the same product and it was very durable.

I don't know if it's just from the limited view provided by the photo or what, but I think the skates look nice. It's just a little nostalgic warm sepia tint to them. Please don't sharpie over the graphics sublimated into the tech-mesh. That's the best package Bauer's ever done and probably ever will do.

I've always assumed the color change was due to sunlight exposure. My one90's never changed, and I had them for 6 or so years.

I don't know if it's just from the limited view provided by the photo or what, but I think the skates look nice. It's just a little nostalgic warm sepia tint to them. Please don't sharpie over the graphics sublimated into the tech-mesh. That's the best package Bauer's ever done and probably ever will do.

The best Bauer graphics ever were on the One100 and if you disagree I will fight you.

So long time since I've returned but an update on the skates... I originally contacted Bauer and they said it was just an issue with the sublimated graphics and shouldn't effect anything about the skates other than the looks.  I do really enjoy the skates, they fit and feel great, so I just used them for a season and a half of mens league.  Unfortunately, I got tired of them being so ugly (to rawkstar's comment about Islanders colors, that would be the ugliest of all colors from a Ranger's fans eyes :wink:) and I took a marker to them to black them out.  I used an alcohol based art marker made by Copic (similar to the Krink suggested by tryandstopme) and they have held up for a couple of month's so far (I was actually really surprised they turned out so well, I'll have to snap a pic when I get a chance).

So thanks to everyone for the responses and suggestions.