Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TPRO

Hockey Equipment in Bed of Pick-Up

What do you guys use for a bag in the back of a pick-up weather wise? I usually have my equipment in the truck of my car but will be traveling to games more often in my pick up. This will potentially include rain and snow. Every bag seems to be proud of their venting which sounds like rain soaked equipment even in the vinyl & rubber coated bags. Any suggestions or solutions?

I have a pickup, and live 10min and 25min from my local rinks.

I store my gear inside (and hang it to dry).

I wouldn't leave it out in the weather or somewhere it could get stolen. I live in a snowy, but not rainy area...I would be less inclined to leave it in the back if it were rainy.

I don't worry about my gear or my kids' gear in the back of the pickup on the way to or from the rink.

When it's nice out, I unzip my bag and let the 65mph breeze air my gear out!

Here in the city if you don't have a cover it's like musical chairs with gear. If you park somewhere you need to bring it into the cab or else you'll see some homeless guy wearing your stuff walking down 5th Ave.

I wouldn't risk prematurely damaging thousands of dollars of hockey equipment by possibly exposing it to the elements, such as rain and snow. I'd rather stick it awkwardly in my passenger seat or in my cab. I love the simplicity of my polyvinyl pro bag and wouldn't spend more money on a "truck bag."

I have a spider web cargo net. Most equipment have loops and I would consider attaching individual items to air out for safety's sake. I've had duffel bags open up at high speeds on the highway.

A roll-up tonneau bed cover, despite the fact I really want one but can't afford it, is a great idea and is in some cases lockable though not that breathable. I think that would be the better option.

A roll-up tonneau bed cover, despite the fact I really want one but can't afford it, is a great idea and is in some cases lockable though not that breathable. I think that would be the better option.

If you can't afford the approx $200 for a tonneau cover, you can't afford to be replacing damaged equipment.

I was hoping for a tyle or style of bag. It is a company truck so kind of limited to adding a top or cover to it. Appreciate the ideas all the same. Sounds like the ride to or from is not a problem but not to leave it in the bed all day at work.