Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashtasticness

Mid vs low kick?

I'm new so if this has already been posted, link me to the old one.

What are the pros and cons of low kick sticks vs. Mid? I'm 5'4 128 lbs and my first stick is a vapor x70 (low kick, 60 flex) and I've had trouble bending it. I decided maybe to try a mid, and went for the N4000 and got a blade more suitable for me (pm9). I just got it today and I see a huge difference already and I really like it. Has anyone else had a similar issue? I've heard a lot of good things about low kick sticks so I'm unsure if this is an isolated incident. Thanks in advance!

Iv only been playing hockey a year, and have used low kick point sticks due to not really loading up that much on shots, so it had a fairly quick release on my shots but not loads of power.

Since iv got a bit more comfortable on my skates and with my shooting, iv tried a mid-kick stick (nexus), as i feel my shots are not as powerful as they could be. I'm pretty pleased so far, i do notice a bit of power increase when i properly get over the shot and to me, at least, it seems to release as quick as my Easton Stealth CX ST.

Like i said, i don't think at the level i play that i will notice a particularly big change in my shot power or release. But that's just my 2 cents.

I'm new so if this has already been posted, link me to the old one.

What are the pros and cons of low kick sticks vs. Mid? I'm 5'4 128 lbs and my first stick is a vapor x70 (low kick, 60 flex) and I've had trouble bending it. I decided maybe to try a mid, and went for the N4000 and got a blade more suitable for me (pm9). I just got it today and I see a huge difference already and I really like it. Has anyone else had a similar issue? I've heard a lot of good things about low kick sticks so I'm unsure if this is an isolated incident. Thanks in advance!

I think you should consider using a 55 flex stick. Maybe even 50 depending on how short you cut your stick.

I think you should consider using a 55 flex stick. Maybe even 50 depending on how short you cut your stick.

I use intermediate and all of those are 60/65 flex. Would I have to use junior?

I use intermediate and all of those are 60/65 flex. Would I have to use junior?

probably. But if you gained 5-10 pound of muscle then it wouldn't be a problem. Some stick companies might have customizers that allow you to use intermediates that are whippier than 60 flex.

Right now I'm 5'6'' 164lbs and I use an intermediate 67 that I've cut down to about a 78-80 flex. I am able to get a hot-shot off quick under pressure in games because the whip is suitable to my body weight and strength levels.

probably. But if you gained 5-10 pound of muscle then it wouldn't be a problem. Some stick companies might have customizers that allow you to use intermediates that are whippier than 60 flex.

Right now I'm 5'6'' 164lbs and I use an intermediate 67 that I've cut down to about a 78-80 flex. I am able to get a hot-shot off quick under pressure in games because the whip is suitable to my body weight and strength levels.

Gotcha. Yeah I used to be 150 and out of shape but lost the weight so now I'm 128 almost all muscle and no idea how to gain weight lol. I like the customization idea though. I like the new stick I have so far so I'll see how it goes. Thank you for the information! It is definitely useful