Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bugscoe

Graf 735 Pro

Was just at LHS and was informed about a new Graf 735 Pro skate. I went to the Graf site to check out and there is nothing to be found. The skate looks very similar to the 735 Overload but with the Ultra 5000 holder.

Anyone have any info on what differentiates them..?

Don't understand how a company can release new product and have a website that doesn't reflect its current product line.

Don't understand how a company can release new product and have a website that doesn't reflect its current product line.

HA! That's Graf's claim to fame. The company is struggling, I think keeping the website up to date is second to keeping the doors open and lights on.

HA! That's Graf's claim to fame. The company is struggling, I think keeping the website up to date is second to keeping the doors open and lights on.

How close are they to folding?

Graf also does SMU's that won't show up on their global product pages. That applies to both Grafs, Switzerland and Canada. For example, Graf-CH has offered both a 706 and G74 for Finnish retailers, because there was enough demand for the 704 in Finland to support an update on that fit using some of Graf's recent material updates.

A Canadian example is the G735 Premier (video, blog, product page (but could only find jr.)), which appears to be just like the G735 Overload but with the G9035 tendon guard, tongue, and holder.

If the G735 Pro is limited like that, your best bet may just be chatting up the staff at that LHS a little more.

All I've heard about is Canada. Word on the street TWO summers ago was the 9035 was their last ditch effort to regain relevance, which got delayed by the flood and warehouse destruction.

I was more recently told by two LHS sources things are not good.

That's about what I expected. It's a shame, though. My guess would be Graf Switzerland is doing O.K. I don't have much of a basis for that though, it's mostly just in my gut.

If Graf were publically traded, it would have folded a decade ago or bought out by Nike to eliminate them from the picture. Chances are someone/entity is taking a hit to keep it afloat.

I'm actually a fan of the theory behind Graf, but with the advent of modability and different fits that the other companies offer, Graf gives you zero advantage.

Sadly Graf is a Mom and Pop store in a world run by Walmarts.

Interesting to hear about the state of the company. Perhaps they simply need to change their company philosophy on marketing. Hard to say without knowing what's really going on with them.

I'm in Graf's now and have loved the skates and plan on buying another pair. Would hate to see them fold!

Purchased a pair of 735 Premiers two weeks ago from Westside Skate and Stick. I am coming off a 10 year old pair of 735s and can't believe the difference in comfort. I had to regularly use a c-clamp and socket on my old 735s to punch the ankles out so they wouldn't bother me. When I received the new skates, I took them to my LHS and had them baked. They are phenomenal. No ankle issues and they fit like a glove. The only noticeable difference in fit is the the toe cap is definitely wider on the new model. I liked the old, narrower, 735 toe cap better but am getting used to the new cap quickly. I would highly recommend these to anyone looking to upgrade their old 735s...they are definitely lighter too.