Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Stealth CX vs Reckoner vs 1N Chase where you at?

Ok so I don't do this often but I might actually pay full retail for one of the new sticks. I've shot one of them but not the CX or Reckoner even though I loved my Reebok Ribcor. I want feedback from people who have used the sticks. Durability is a big factor but not a deal breaker. I noticed the CX is blade heavy for sure but if it makes up for it in other areas I can deal. I take every shot in the book.

Ok so I don't do this often but I might actually pay full retail for one of the new sticks. I've shot one of them but not the CX or Reckoner even though I loved my Reebok Ribcor. I want feedback from people who have used the sticks. Durability is a big factor but not a deal breaker. I noticed the CX is blade heavy for sure but if it makes up for it in other areas I can deal. I take every shot in the book.

Tried the 1N and the CX at a shooting range in store and went home with the CX. Pucks rocket off that blade and with the new blade tech they've got on it feels pretty sturdy. While it's a little blade heavy, it feels "balanced" to me - the Nexus feels almost too "even" and didn't give me enough weight to "throw around". Gorgeous puck feel and I couldn't be happier with it.

If you were a fan of the original RibCor, I think you'll be more than happy with the Reckoner. The heel plays noticeably softer and shots come off noticeably quicker than the original shaft geometry. Durability wise, you're getting Technora Aramid Fiber reinforcement in the slash zone, so that's another big plus. I really liked the little bit of time I spent with the 1N, it played and felt similar to the Ultra Tacks which has been my go-to this year.

Hope this doesn't add to the confusion but I'd go with the HTX over the CX, the Ultra Tacks over the Reckoner and 1X/1N over the MX3. That's just my personal preference though.

I did not like the 1N at all when I tested it out, it felt off balance heavy and dead. The CX I found kicked extremely hard, puck feel was very nice but I didn't use it long so I can't comment on durability however if it's anything like past eastons id be a little weary. The Reckoner was pleasantly surprising to use. I liked the Ribcore so when I tested this I did have some expectations as to how the new style of lower shaft would do and I thought it was phenomenal. Like Chase mentioned the blade plays soft as well but there is excellent feel. I'd put it on par with my first gen retail tacks and nothing in the last year has managed to come close in terms of kick and feel

I used a Nexus 1N today for about an hour and wow. I used it back to back with one of my Nexus 1000s and I must say though I really like the 1000 the 1N is just such a shooting stud. Shots come off so hot so easily. Snap shots, wrist shots and slap shots are fantastic and I haven't gotten a giggly feeling from a new stick in a long time but I was chuckling and shaking my head after some of the shots I had with the 1N. I think puck feel was better with the 1000 but the 1N is still really nice feeling. Needless to say I think I will be getting myself a P28 87 flex 1N.

I liked the v9e, love the qr1, haven't tried the stealth.....

Would like to know stealth vs reckoner vs qr1

1n is mid kick, doesn't seem like a good comparison

They are all nice sticks, anyone that says anything top of the line from any company isn't is wrong but there's something about it when it clicks. Your specs, the stick working for you.