Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

907rx7

The Wylie Post

Okay so I'm new here as of this week, I play in net and was reading the thread about RVH and not being able to push off traditional pegs. I work at an ice rink at UAF. A fromer goalie who played here got his prototypes into our office literally the same day I read this thread. I caught up with him today and snapped some pictures for you guys. I really think these things are going to take over. I've seen the prototypes in action and they WORK. You can push off the post all day and they don't budge. They beauty of it is if the net is hit with force higher up off the ice the net comes off, the pegs stay put. These have already been approved for NCAA play.

http://www.thewyliepost.com/

Sorry for the double thread I had to fix the spelling

20151006_212426_zpsifrzxvij.jpg

20151006_212323_zpsvabf6sei.jpg20151006_212312_zps9wxs0tmg.jpg20151006_212340_zpsfjlm95un.jpg

They look interesting. I like the dual spikes. The semi-rigid plastic peg cover is certainly different. How do they weigh, compared to ordinary pegs? Are they easy to install (particularly on the fly, as in men's league games with limited time?) How do the peg covers react to cold/changing temps over time? (I am sure their maker has answered these questions for himself, but what's your experience?)

They are about half the weight of the traditional pegs maybe even lighter. The nice thing about installing them is you dont have to pound them into the ice or anything, with the weight of the net and the zinc coating they sink right in flush with the ice. The lighter green one has the coating on the whole thing and that was overkill they sank into the ice so bad by the end of practice if would rip chunks of ice out. This is why the newest ones will have the coating on the spikes only. The rubber they are using (I think, just guessing) has a high silicone content so they do well in the cold. With all of the outdoor rinks the maker wanted something that would hold up, we have games outside here at temps down to -20F. The light green ones on the right have around 100 hours of ice time so far and the only wear is where the maker grinded off the excess zinc coating in his testing.

Oh and the covers are a semi rigid rubber not stiff like marsh pegs.

I'll ask him about the rubber properties the next time I see him.