Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AmeriCanadian

Pants. Best mobility/protection. Need some help.

I've recently been using the nxg girdle combo which I liked but I really would like to go to traditional pants but it's been so long since I've used them because the nxg's have lasted long enough. I'd really like to find a pant that isn't very bulky and has (don't really know how to word it) a good mobility to protection ratio I guess. I've been looking at either the stealth cx, ccm rbz, ccm ultra tacks, reebok 20k or 18k. I'm really stuck and it's starting to get really frustrating... why oh why do I have to be so picky... Lol. Thank you!

They're all going to have pro's and con's. More protection = more weight & less mobility, Less protection = higher mobility & less weight.

Personally, I've had the Reebok 9k girdle and found it great, but didn't fit my legs properly, I've got the CCM RBK pants, that are great, very light, good protection.. But in the end I'm using a One.80 girdle.. it means I can swap out the shell if it gets ripped (or in my case I have an ex-Canucks shell), it's not perfect by any means, but works for me..

If you're near to Vancouver, you're welcome to try out the RBZ pant or 9k girdle I have..

I have the CCM RBZ pants and they are light and tight-fitting (almost girdle like). The protection is good, but not as extensive as my old Tackla 9000 pants. However, the RBZ pants are much lighter than my Tacklas. RBZ mobility is good; I don't notice any issues. Also, the CCM RBZ pants have the nice 1" zipper extension feature, so you can make the pants 1 inch longer if you like.

You'll have to try some pants to see which one fits. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't matter how light and mobile it is.

Thanks for the info guys I live close to a good several good shops and I've tried on the rbz's and ultra tacks but I haven't tried the 20k or cx because the currently don't have the cx in store and he one that still has 20k's is a bit further away. I like the fit of the UT and Rbz but both were so misshapen from being carelessly stacked with other pants that I couldn't get a true feel for the pants. It's been helpful so far and I'm looking forward to more suggestions. Right now I'm thinking rbz or 20k but that could change because I haven't even see the CX yet. Hopefully will soon thanks for the help so far!

They're all going to have pro's and con's. More protection = more weight & less mobility, Less protection = higher mobility & less weight.

Personally, I've had the Reebok 9k girdle and found it great, but didn't fit my legs properly, I've got the CCM RBK pants, that are great, very light, good protection.. But in the end I'm using a One.80 girdle.. it means I can swap out the shell if it gets ripped (or in my case I have an ex-Canucks shell), it's not perfect by any means, but works for me..

If you're near to Vancouver, you're welcome to try out the RBZ pant or 9k girdle I have..

I have the CCM RBZ pants and they are light and tight-fitting (almost girdle like). The protection is good, but not as extensive as my old Tackla 9000 pants. However, the RBZ pants are much lighter than my Tacklas. RBZ mobility is good; I don't notice any issues. Also, the CCM RBZ pants have the nice 1" zipper extension feature, so you can make the pants 1 inch longer if you like.

You'll have to try some pants to see which one fits. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't matter how light and mobile it is.

my opinion is the RBZ are more of a volume fit than the Ultra Tacks

I find the UT to fit way closer to last years RBK pants (18/20k you are referring to)

I am super picky w pants too, so I feel your pain

Went through 5 pairs last yr, settled on some Bauer HAVOK's (SMU) from Source for Sports

they are a mix between the 600/800 Nexus line

light weight, decent protection and price was like $109

but this year i switched to the new CCM 6052 Tacks

they fit me a little better in the waist area and offer a tad more protection

they are a bit heavier for sure, but the added protection will do that

only have one skate in them so far, but I like what I see

little stiff, but they will loosen up for sure

but I am really enjoying them

good luck w your search!

I have the 20Ks and am very happy with them. They're a little stiff at first but break in nicely; fit close to my waist and I opened up the inseam zippers because I like the mobility (if you leave them zipped they're noticeably more snug but still very mobile). Compared to other pants they're very light for the amount of protection provided though pant weight isn't something I've ever noticed while playing.

If I hadn't gotten a beauty deal on my 20Ks I would have bought a pair of Eagles or another pair of Taklas, made in Canada :)

More protection = more weight & less mobility, Less protection = higher mobility & less weight.

If your hockey pants somehow limit your mobility, then you are wearing the wrong size or need to work on your leg strength. I agree that more protection will weigh more in most cases, but I have never seen a pant that somehow restricts your skating, assuming that the pant is properly fitted.

I have the 18K and is really satisfied. Not as light as the RBZ but pretty lightweighted and great protection. I am a bit of a weight fanatic, hate skating around thinking heavy equipment is a restriction to my speed and mobility.

If your hockey pants somehow limit your mobility, then you are wearing the wrong size or need to work on your leg strength. I agree that more protection will weigh more in most cases, but I have never seen a pant that somehow restricts your skating, assuming that the pant is properly fitted.

While I agree, I found a girdle make my legs feel more free wearing that than pants. But they don't feel restrictive in pants, if that makes sense.

While I agree, I found a girdle make my legs feel more free wearing that than pants. But they don't feel restrictive in pants, if that makes sense.

I don't get the "more free" feeling. Especially since the girdle is tight to your body and the pants aren't. I have both pants and a girdle, and notice the pants much less than the girdle but after losing weight, the girdle fits better.

It's not that I find that any pants are restrictive but these are just the ones I've decided on and I was looking on getting some views on them. It is my fault for the misunderstanding as I really didn't know how to word it. I've heard really good things of the rbz and 20k which are the two I've been really focusing on (18k as well). Thanks for the feed back though guys

I don't get the "more free" feeling. Especially since the girdle is tight to your body and the pants aren't. I have both pants and a girdle, and notice the pants much less than the girdle but after losing weight, the girdle fits better.

After looking into the 9k girdle it seems pretty interesting how's the sizing? Mainly the length? I've heard it's adjustable? But does it run short at all because I kind of need a medium tall length or large length so would these be a good choice in a medium or a large?

Have you considered the Warrior Dynasty girdle? That is what I am wearing now. Very protective, very mobile. The only thing that I do not like is the belt. With the Dynasty belt, it is a one cinch system like a traditional belt that you would wear with regular clothes, and I do not feel that I get a nice "hug" from my pants, as one would get with the lace up system that most girdles and pants have. That's really my only complaint though.

For pants, I have tried on just about everything, and prefer the RBZ, but I have never played in them, so cannot really say much. I suspect that if I were to play in the RBZ, that I would enjoy the experience.

After looking into the 9k girdle it seems pretty interesting how's the sizing? Mainly the length? I've heard it's adjustable? But does it run short at all because I kind of need a medium tall length or large length so would these be a good choice in a medium or a large?

I have short legs, so I had to sew the medium tabs up a bit.. one of the advantages of the 9k is that it's EXTREMELY adjustable.. both of the legs actually detach, so you could easily extend the velcro tab to make the leg portion longer or shorter.

Are you around the Vancouver area?

I was looking for new pants about a year ago too and ended up with 20k. They were really stiff at first, but are all broken in now. They're quite protective, I don't feel any issues with mobility or anything for how beefy some of the padding on them is, they feel a bit more loose and airy than the RBZ. RBZs were amazing, easily the most comfortable pair of pants I ever put on, they were just straight up awesome. Not as beefy as the 20k but omg so comfortable, just nice and cozy all around. Unfortunately they were just a tiny bit too expensive, and I got a great deal on 20k so I went with those. I don't regret my decision.