Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jarret_g

Blade won't seat properly in ls edge holders

Got my new VH skates on the weekend. I was playing around with the LS Edge system and it seemed to be working fine except on my right skate. I took the blade out and popped it back in according to instruction but it doesn't seem to want to seat all the way in. I looked at friends skates and the red button is fully out while mine's about 1/4 of the way pushed in when the blade is inserted. I also can't see the visible "D" like bauer describes. I've tugged on the blade and it won't come out without pressing the trigger but I'm nervous it'll pop out while skating. I was on the ice 5 times over the weekend and haven't had an issue but there's an audible "click" you get when your blades are loose.

I'll post pictures later today if that would help but I'm at work now. For reference, I made sure the front was all the way in and then pressed in the back. The left skate doesn't have any issued. Common issue with LS edge runners? I'm running LS3 steel if that matters.

Most likely a mismounted holder.

Try hitting it with a rubber mallet in the toe, then in the heel down on the blade.

Tried it. seems like that could be the issue but it's not helping.. I can see part of the "circle" part but can take the blade out without the tool by just hitting the trigger. Should I bother getting them re-mounted or is that just more hassle than it's worth?

I was told the cavity where the blade sits can be a bit narrow, making it difficult for anyone not using fusion steel. I have two sets of steel, stock fusion and LS2. The fusion steel comes in and out fairly easily, the LS2 steel (which is thicker) takes a bit more work.

Not sure what steel you're using, figured it was worth mentioning.

I have this same issue with my LS4. Just as described in the post above, the Fusion came in and out fairly easily, without even using the tool. The LS4 had to be forced in and no matter what I do, it won't get that click and seat the trigger fully. But it doesn't seem to have a problem. The steel in there solid and no amount of pulling or manipulation could get it out without pulling the trigger.

Jarrett,

I Know our VH were being made at the same time, I ordered a second pair of steel from no-icing and I know what you are talking about by seating the steel properly. I've had some issues getting them back in, but with a towel and some brute force, I was able to seat it properly. I've skated 3 times on them so far with no issues. I'll be getting the steel that came with the VH profiled and sharpened this week, so we'll see how easy/difficult it is to seat those.

Keep me posted on any of your findings and I'll do the same since we are in the same boat.

Thanks

There have been a few issues as of late with tight triggers. Could be the screw in the back inside is screwed down to tight causing the issue. Have had the same little screw come out from a puck hitting the heel of the skate. About 3 so far this season.

I'm using ls3 steel. There's no issues while the blade is in there unless I hit the trigger. When I do that I can just take the blade out by hand though, without the tool. I swapped steel between l/r and it's the same thing. I might try a friends fusion steel that's the same size. That should rule out thick steel. Only other option I'm thinking of is re-aligning the holders but then that would create holes that are too big and raise questions about durability. The "tick" while walking is really the only thing bothering me but it might just be in my head. Skating on them isn't an issue.

I'm using ls3 steel. There's no issues while the blade is in there unless I hit the trigger. When I do that I can just take the blade out by hand though, without the tool. I swapped steel between l/r and it's the same thing. I might try a friends fusion steel that's the same size. That should rule out thick steel. Only other option I'm thinking of is re-aligning the holders but then that would create holes that are too big and raise questions about durability. The "tick" while walking is really the only thing bothering me but it might just be in my head. Skating on them isn't an issue.

Just take out all the front rivets and see if any are really off. If so you may only have to adjust one.

I'm having this same problem with LS2 steel I just bought. When I put it in, I get the distinct "click" but the trigger does not return to it's original position. When I put the fusions back in, the trigger pops right back to it's normal position.

I'm guessing, as others have stated, that it's because the steel is a little thicker. I can't get the LS2 to come out (even with the tool) unless I pull the trigger. I'm just gonna skate on em and not worry about it. Maybe they'll "settle in" with a little ice time.