Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tickles

2015 Ribcore 48K versus 2014 Ribcore

Hi guys,

I had been scouring LHS' for 'old' ribcore's at discount prices and have not had any luck. My understanding from extensive research is that the 48K is very similar to the 2014 ribcore. The 48K is going for $169.00 and I want to pick one up. Just wondering if anyone you can verify how similar they will play.

If any of you have used both, or can comment on both, please let me know.

Thanks.

I found the release was a little quicker with the 48k but that might just be in my head. It all depends on what flex and curve you use. If it helps I like the 48k better. Feels more balanced in my opinion.

Iammerson, did you notice the lack of technora makes a big difference?

Im going to get an 85 flex and cut it about an inch so it should play at around 88. p46 curve

The old ribcore and the new reckoner have technora to reinforce the shaft, and also - allegedly - improve performance over the long term. Nothing worse than a low kick stick that loses its pop.

Just wondering if the lack of technora in the 48k is a huge detriment to the point where the stick goes soft quickly.

Thanks. I bought one and after one skate I'm not too impressed. Might just be in my head. Coming from a superfast 100flex to a 48k ribcore 85 flex as a d man. Passing is good, shooting is erratic.