Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BDC_PAIN

Ek15 vs ABHS

Any experience with the Sher-wood ek 15 or the All black hockey sticks?

What is the balance like?

How did it feel in your hands?

Puck feel on the blade ? Do you get a live feel or more dull?

Durability?

Overall was the stick worth the price?

Any info you can give will be appreciated

Have been using the EK15 stick for a while now, haven't used a lot of sticks before hand to compare it to, but i will say it feels incredibly balanced and really light in your hands (think its about 385g's), and it has a smaller shaft diameter (like the bauer vapors) which i like.

As for the blade, i would say its fairly lively but like i said iv not got a huge amount of experience with different sticks to its hard to compare it to other's. And durability, its hard for me to say at the moment as iv only had it a month but so far so good. Blade is still in perfect condition with only a few very minor chips to the lower half of the shaft.

And overall, i would say 100% its worth the price... i got mine for £100 on sale, as its usually about £150 but can honestly say i would pay full price for one. It is my absolute favorite stick, as i only really do wrist and snap shots and for those, it is absolutely amazing. I honestly cant fault it.

My son has gone through 4 ABHS's and 1 EK15, currently rotating 2 others(EK15's). He says that there is nothing he prefers on the ABHS, though he liked the ABHS. He feels like the ABHS varied greatly in quality. Never had one he liked as much as his first.

Wish we would have bought 5 more EK15's when he did his team order(we're able to get them at $100 each with his name/number printed on them).

Thanks to both of you EJB and Jratcl13 for your input as any info is valuable with the amount we all dish out for these twigs. I was allready leaning away from ABHS as I had never heard of them till getting on this site. Nice to hear sher wood is still producing good sticks. Now do I buy just 1 or get my wife mad and buy more ....descions to be made

Buy more...ask for easier to ask for forgiveness.

Qualify, nothing against ABHS, he was all on them after his first. Maybe he got a bad batch on his next 3(bought as a bunch), but he said they all were a bit different and I know the last batch got soft quick. He'll dump bunch of his old sticks on me, not broken, but he feels like the blade softens up(any stick) and won't use them any longer. They feel fine to me, Hell, I'm using a QRPro of his right now(2 months) and it's just now feeling soft to me. He didn't ever dump a ABHS on me. Not sure what that means, but something?

IMO the EK15 may be the best / most underrated stick of all time. Great balance, lightest stick on the market, DURABLE and cheap.

finally have the stick in my hands and wow its light and felt even lighter due to the fact I also bout my kids some sticks for Christmas I took those out the box first so when I pulled the EK 15 out I though maybe it was broken with the difference in weight. Cant wait till my Game to give it a go although the curve I selected might take some getting used to. Appreciate all the feed back on it I received

finally have the stick in my hands and wow its light and felt even lighter due to the fact I also bout my kids some sticks for Christmas I took those out the box first so when I pulled the EK 15 out I though maybe it was broken with the difference in weight. Cant wait till my Game to give it a go although the curve I selected might take some getting used to. Appreciate all the feed back on it I received

I liked my EK15 so much I bought an EK60 also. Now you can find some on clearance. The EK60 is basically the same stick, same weight. Just some nano material graphene I think built into the bottom part of the shaft towards the blade to make it stronger.

I just bought a second EK15, should be here today. I love the stick, and for $115 (hockeymonkey) I couldn't not get another one just as a backup. The lightness and balance is amazing. I'm no sniper, but no complaints with its performance there as I only really take wrist and snap shots. I love how it feels for stick handling. The one I have now is the vintage one with the wood graphics which is fun. Most people think it's an old wood stick. My team mate pointed at it in the locker room the other day and say "A SherWood huh? Man those things are heavy...." The new one I got is just the plain black one though for a change of pace. I don't think most people even know SherWood exists anymore, no less making solid products. I've been using the stick once a week for beer league since last spring and it's still going strong. At this price and performance, I'll be buying these for a while I think.

Good to hear. I picked up an EK15 for just over $100 through the aforementioned HockeyMonkey sale to try out. I have heard great things from a teammate and on here. Looking forward to getting some ice time with it after the holidays.