Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bolt91

Activity Trackers and Hockey

Has anyone found a good activity tracker for hockey? Anyone have a recommendation? I've tried the Fitbit Charge HR but my skin is too sensitive for the band.

Apple Watch is pretty good for heart rate, but the way the data gets presented sucks badly. I don't understand why they don't have some fancy graphing software.

I wear it on my right wrist because it fits better under my blocker than under my glove.

What stats are you looking for?

The jawbone up3 is the best one imho for any activity tracker. It has hr monitor, calorie burner, and an awesome app for both iPhone and android.

I had a different activity tracker, the razr nabu but it told me I burned 1150 calories in one hockey game. I sold it and bought the jawbone up3 but the wife sole it ahaha

I have a Samsung gear fit and the pedometer shows about a mile and a half for me after a game. I need to see what the other options are tomorrow night

The jawbone up3 is the best one imho for any activity tracker. It has hr monitor, calorie burner, and an awesome app for both iPhone and android.

I was really interested in getting the Jawbone Up3 when it first was announced, but I heard the HR monitor only give a resting rate at the beginning of the day. Ultimately, I would like something that I could tell me how fast my heart rate recovered between shifts as well as how fast it was beating while skating. Has the Up3 received an update that would give me that?

I'd like HR monitor and calories burned at least. Possibly a sleep tracker but that's not a make or break factor.

I was really interested in getting the Jawbone Up3 when it first was announced, but I heard the HR monitor only give a resting rate at the beginning of the day. Ultimately, I would like something that I could tell me how fast my heart rate recovered between shifts as well as how fast it was beating while skating. Has the Up3 received an update that would give me that?

Yeah the software has been updated but far from being able to actively check hr.

I recant my statement that the jawbone up3 is best, the Garmin vivosmart hr may actually be way better than the jawbone.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/health-fitness/vivosmart-hr/prod531166.html

Yeah the software has been updated but far from being able to actively check hr.

I recant my statement that the jawbone up3 is best, the Garmin vivosmart hr may actually be way better than the jawbone.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/health-fitness/vivosmart-hr/prod531166.html

i have a co-worker who ran the NYC marathon this year, and he trained with the Garmin, and swore by it. i realize, running and hockey are two different things, but he said it was very reliable, gave him all the stats he needed, and never bothered him or fell off.

For hockey, you will want something with a fairly low profile. The Fitbit Charge HR worked well for me, however soon after I decided that as much as I like fitness, I don't care so much to track it.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I have a polar m400. I love the app and the info it provides. It also comes with a HR strap, which tends to be more accurate than the built hr monitors. The watch is quite bulky so for hockey I strap it to my hockey pants at the back.

I also wear the fitbit charge HR and it seemed to track my heart rate and calorie burn. But... I have nothing to compare it against I also ignored the steps as, I'm sure they're off.

I use the charge HR during my games.

Now that fitbit just released a new update where it automatically tracks intense activity, it's great because I don't need to put it into workout mode before games.

here's some screenshots of my fitbit app after a few games.

might want to consider an apple watch, or possibly taping over your charge HR band and leaving the HR monitor exposed? Heart rate is going to be your best bet for tracking hockey. If you look at my first picture, it shows only half a mile covered while skating.

KDsNZUH.png

3yPrsMI.png

I just bought the garmin vivosmart HR. Same price as charge HR. Fully waterproof. Gotta mess with it some more. Tried it the other night it didn't track the game automatically like it should have. I think I manually started a workout skittle after second period.3d96363156e952c416b98033329fe6ba.jpg

I've used the Mio Fuse, and it seems to track my heart rate pretty well. It'd be nice to have something to compare it to, the readings seem off at times. It does need to be manually started, and sometimes it gets shut off midway through the skate. It's supposed to have a screen lock, but I think my glove might be triggering the end of the workout. I've had it about a month and it's not perfect, but it helps motivate me to stay active, so it's serving a purpose so far.

IMG_1128_zps8as8boek.png