Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dkwan9

Hockey vs Lacrosse Handedness

Hockey vs Lacrosse Handedness  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been watching some stickhandling trick shots on Youtube, and many of the more fancy looking shots are similar to lacrosse shots. Although I shoot left in hockey, I shoot right in lacrosse, so it's a bit of a challenge for me to attempt some of these, even the easier ones. Just curious to see if there are others are like me, or if most shoot the same way in hockey as they do in lacrosse (which is what I'm expecting to be the majority).

I'm a total righty when it comes to shooting/passing in both hockey and lacrosse. I can switch to pass with my left in field lacrosse but tend to try and avoid it unless the switch is necessary. Only thing I could recommend would be to try and develop the left hand for lacrosse with wall ball or in practice and try and mirror the skills you can do with your right to your left. This in turn should help you get down some of the hockey moves.

If you really want to be worth something in lacrosse then you should train yourself to be good from both sides.

This

Back in 2003 one of the top recruits for NCAA lacrosse came out of my high school, and he shot faster with his off hand than all of the players on the team with their strong hand.