Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

Curve compromise?

Is there a retail curve somewhat in between the p28 and p88? One is a little too much open toe, other I'd like a tad more curve and open but toward toe.

True's tc3 curve is the first thing that came to mind when I read this. Can't really think of anything else right now that's retail at least.

What's going to be the big diff between p28 and p38/p45?

Looks like round toe vs square

Mid curve vs toe

Not as open.

Rocker s little flatter?

I guess more blade on ice.

I have both a P38 (Datsyuk) and P45 (Tavares). The 45 is more open and mid-toe. The 38 is neutral and mid-heel. The 92 a more aggressive 45 with a round toe.

How's the lie on both blades? Looking a similar lie to warrior kovalchuk or swd pp09

CCM P46 seems to be your best bet. Depending on your budget, Pure Hockey has a True SMU for 109.99 that features a TC3 curve, but that's all you'll be able to find most likely.

How's the lie on both blades? Looking a similar lie to warrior kovalchuk or swd pp09

Both are lie 6 on the CCM lie scale. I can't compare it to a Warrior model in particular. I've personally never owned a Warrior stick or shot one.

From what you are describing it sounds like what you are looking for is a p92.

Its basically p88 with a more open toe. Easier to lift and easier to keep the puck on the blade, but not as crazy as p28.

Ive had the same dilemma..literally 3 weeks ago as the OP. I used a P88 and P28. I found the p88 was a nice curve but wanted a bit more curve on the toe. The P28 was too much. Tried a P14, and it feels great, defo an inbetween of the two.

I would say the True TC2-5. It's a P92 with a 5 lie instead of a 6. I switched from the P88 to the P92 and it's easier to get the puck high on the 92. The TC2-5 is nice because it's lie is the same as the 88 with a more open toe.

Likewise, they make a Bauer P92-5 in many of the top end sticks. It's usually harder to find at a retail store, but online you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Also in the same boat...

I found the p14 (Bauer) / p46 (CCM) to be a good balance between both. Shooting felt similar with the p92 but it was harder for me to stick handle.

Warrior also has a p14 clone called w14 but I've never seen it in stores.

I think I'm being too picky and OCDish.

I had the p14 before. I ditched it cuz you could only get it in Bauer and warrior.

I've used p92 and p92 lie 5. Good for shooting but with the puck it would flip over the middle of the blade on me. I guess because it's a deeper mid curve that opens up in the middle.

P28 is good cuz it's not so open in the middle. Opens up toward toe which gives you a flatter heel/mid area. But it's almost too open for me. Plus I think I want more blade on the ice.

So the p46 or p45/38 may be a good option. But then I'm only left with CCM sticks.

See, I'm nuts.

I think you need to go to a store, pick out a few different curve options across several different companies, and make a choice. Don't focus on the characteristics of the curve and what company it's coming from. Focus on comfort.

As others have stated...look at the Bauer P14, or CCM P46. The Warrior W 14 isnt bad. Of the 3 I really like the P46.

The P46 to me is like someone took the P88 curve and adjusted the toe similar to the P92. to me, I feel like your getting a custom curve as it is tweaked a little more than most retail models.