Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miike

What number do you wear

Used to be 3, which I carried over from being left defence in football (soccer). Since taking hockey up again, it's 53 which is the sum of the familys birthdays.

1, so I can get a bigger sleeping berth on the train. Hasn't happened yet, but I have faith in long-obscure traditions. I wore 35 for one summer team when I was about 12, and I swear that sweater always hung wrong across my back.

I would wear 20, but that's like a skater wearing 99.

I wear 19,

When I was little the first hockey game I still remember was when Colorado won the stanley cup and I was mesmerized by Joe Sakic... And I used to call him Joe Psycic ...

I wear #57 now in honor of my Father, who retired from H.J. Heinz in Pittsburgh after working there for 37 years a while back. He worked a lot of hard days on those docks by the Allegheny river so he could buy me things when I was a kid and even as a young man. I now play in a ton of Police and Fire tournaments and in charity games, so I thought I would honor him by using 57, as in Heinz 57 Sauce. He is moving out here in a couple of months, I am certian he will chuckle at it, as with my "Yinzer" name plate.

I wear #57 now in honor of my Father, who retired from H.J. Heinz in Pittsburgh after working there for 37 years a while back. He worked a lot of hard days on those docks by the Allegheny river so he could buy me things when I was a kid and even as a young man. I now play in a ton of Police and Fire tournaments and in charity games, so I thought I would honor him by using 57, as in Heinz 57 Sauce. He is moving out here in a couple of months, I am certian he will chuckle at it, as with my "Yinzer" name plate.

Great number and story. (From one yinzer to another!)

I wear #2. When I started playing ball hockey, the guy with the jerseys asked me what number I wanted, I said I didn't care, so I got that one.

My birthday falls on the second, so it works out.

I try to get #2 if I can. If not, I really don't care. I think I've worn #15 and on one of my teams I wear #19.

I have been wearing #9 for a very long time now. I have thought about changing it, but i can't bring my self to do it.

I wore 55 all through my younger years, as I got older, I went towards 5 as it was less flashy (repeating digits). Now I am hoping to get my old number back.

#39. I wore #13 forever and joined a new team. They already had a #13, so I chose 2 times 13 (26), they already had a 26...

I'm happy with it now because I feel some sort of ownership of a number no other person really desires.

Was assigned #54 when i played goal, and not long after i got that Derek Morris was traded to my favorite team. I got several comments on how much i looked like him so I switched.

When I started playing out I wanted #9. Taken. So i just went back to #53.

I wear #8 this season. The first few seasons I was #82 (year o birth) and 24 two seasons ago. I wear #8 because of Igor Larionov and Snowman (i'm a hefty guy) despite the fact I do wear a mirrored visor and prefer the toe curves like Ovechkin does.

I wear #93, had #9 when playing euro handball, soccer and hockey as a kid, lived in #9 for the first 20 years of my life, areacode starts with 9 and my brother was born in 93.

I wear it for him, cause he has always had some issues, problems, conflicts and trouble, recently getting worse.

Could have been there more for him growing up, but now he seems a bit distant from me and our family.

Then also #26(my day o birth), 85(yob) and a lot more, I can for the most always find a way to love a number, so I'm not picky.

I wear # 19. Chose it becasue my favorite player was Joe Thornton. I have been considering changing my # for a while, but nothing has really seemed to jump out at me.

2, 6, 8, 68.

Six and eight were the numbers I was assigned as a kid learning to play floor hockey. Sixty-eight was a natural combination of the two when they were both taken. Those are usually my choices if I can have my pick of numbers, in that order. No particular reason, just sentimental value.

I wore two for one season...I was more than a little enamoured of Charles Woodson.

#28. Was my number when I first started playing and have used it ever since. At this point I'm afraid to switch because the universe might explode.