Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

LHS owners/workers

Can somebody also send me this list. I have requested it on threads (and had them locked with no explanation of the correct way of getting it), I have done searches, I have sent PM's to JR and other admins/mods and had no help at all...

thanks.

Interesting idea.........

I think it could be of value. I know Chadd and I have helped each othe rout when needed. If I got a stick he don't have that one of his customer's wants, or vice versa. Or an emergency piece of steel or repair piece.

Also should unite in other regards. For example, why are we giving skate sizing info to the general public?. When we do this we are cutting our throats, our livelihood, helping folks bypass the LHS so they can buy off ebay and internet stores, to save a measly buck. Part of the reason we have to charge more is for our advice and fitting tme/info. Shouldn't be giving that away for free. What if a surfer is one of our local customers. I myself will not help with sizing info, that should be left to the LHS. Yes, some have crappy LHS's, but how do you know.

We feel the need to help people on here because this is an informative site. If you are just worried about the bottom line and how it affects you and your store, then don't post in that topic. I manage a store as well as doing this but I do not offer product to anyone on here.

I agree this is an informative site. That's what's great about it. Information on a certain stick is way different than skate fitting services, something our LHS customers pay extra for. It's your site, if you want to give free services, that's up to you. Us LHS's have quite a lot of competition with the online stores, I just see it against our interests to help people so they can shop online. What's the next step, inviting all MSH'rs down to our store so we can fit them in person for that sweet ebay deal. Just being realistic.

It also goes beyond Ebay and Online (although alot are). There are a fair bit of LHS who sit you down, put you into the Bauer fit guide, and let you get whatever you want with little to no input. Most won't take into account that diffferent brands fit different sizes or even make sure the Bauer guage is right.

When i walk into my LHS now, i feel like i know alot more than previously walking into, I dont need some 15 year old kid coming up to me now and saying "oh yes you should buy this one because it will get you goals with the 300 price tag" I know what to look for, what to stay away from.

MSH has helped me out i know very well, Thanks guys.

It also goes beyond Ebay and Online (although alot are). There are a fair bit of LHS who sit you down, put you into the Bauer fit guide, and let you get whatever you want with little to no input. Most won't take into account that diffferent brands fit different sizes or even make sure the Bauer guage is right.

We all encourage members to frequent their local hockey shop. That said a well stocked shop with trained, trustworthy and intelligent staff is getting harder to find. To me, this site is about helping people find the right gear for them, not the gear with the most hype. If that means the person feels they know enough to order online, so be it. I can recall the environment in my area 18 months ago and there was no place to buy decent gear for a decent price, so I understand why SOME people do need to buy online.

It's about educating the consumer so they can find the right gear for themselves if they don't have the greatest shop in the world right down the street.

Since many manufactures visit this site, I'd like them to give me the plans, materials and trade secrets on how they make their composite sticks. This is an "informative' site after all, isn't it? I'll wait for all this information to be posted, so I can start up my copycat factory and have some chinese guy make it for cheaper. It'll be a cold day in hell before I get it, I assure you. Why, you should be smart enough to figure it out.

Once the word gets out that Chadd or JR will help fit you for skates so you can make the sweet ebay purchase or buy from Isellhockeyeeuipmenoutofmygarage.com, why on earth would anyone visit their LHS. Stop trying to be the "nice" guy. Either you have a business to run or you don't. Don't get so hung up on the holy-er than thou, we're just here to help the poor guy who doesn't have a LHS that knows what they are doing. Yo're being taken advantage of and you don't even realize it. "Bla , bla, bla, what size Kor do I fit into?" ....great ebay price on Kors. Suckers.

• Like 1

The guy who is going to buy the cheap skates on ebay is going to do that no matter what we say. This site is about sharing info, not making a profit on members. This site was founded to help people and it's going to stay that way.

The guy who is going to buy the cheap skates on ebay is going to do that no matter what we say. This site is about sharing info, not making a profit on members. This site was founded to help people and it's going to stay that way.

No one is talking about making a profit on members.