Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DekeHead

Repalming gloves

Stadium System

Church St.

Canaan, CT

Ask for Rollie. Used them since 78 and they were there long before then. Leather or synthetic palms, complete repair to any gloves. They figure if they are opening up the glove to do the palm, lets do the gussets, thumb, whatever else needs it. They re-condition college and pro team equipment. Simply the best.

Zwickers

Bedford, MA

781-275-0900

SRI,

I'm in Boston and Zwickers is close to me. Do they do the repalming themselves or send them out? What is the cost and what kind of palms do they offer? Thanks.

SRI,

I'm in Boston and Zwickers is close to me.  Do they do the repalming themselves or send them out?  What is the cost and what kind of palms do they offer?  Thanks.

I've never done business with them, but have certainly seen their work. It is outstanding.

But they do it right there at the shop?

You might try any local shoe shop.  Usually they do the best work on this stuff and they're cheap.

Agreed. I got a new palm put on and embroidering on both cuffs for $10. Cant beat that deal.

Plus they had it finished in a couple of hours, and i didnt have to ship.

Had my relatively new (4 month old) pair of gloves give up on me. The palms are fine but the material running between my fingers has split right open in less than a week. Went to check fixitbymail.com and it's under construction?

In Montreal : ARS sport

2215 Bennett, (514) 527-5728

I had ordered clarino but they did them with leather by mistake.

As we all know Clarino ends up smelling pretty bad in no time.

Mustang, MSH1, Nash are some other materials used to palm gloves.

Can anyone give us the pros and cons of the different palming materials available?

off topic but how do you know what kind of palms are on a glove

im gonna get a pair of x70eagles gloves

there a bit to big but im gonna buy them

try a pair of x70i then. what color are the palms? they would most likley be either microfiber suide or nash.

there are 3 pairs that are on sale and these are the colors i need(black and grey)

but 2 pairs have a darker brown palm and the other has a real light tan color

I stopped by a Shoe Repair place to day to ask about glove re-palming. He said it was about $55 and showed me what he uses...they are fully stitched palms that he just sews into the glove...rather than cutting material from scratch. He said they were deer skin. I assume most of the LHS guys would be familiar with them.

I'd be doing the pair of CCM Pro gloves I bought from the Bulldogs.

CCMGloves.jpgCCMGloves-Damage.jpg

I paid $30 for the gloves, but I figure they'd be worth much more...they have plastic inserts on the fingers/back of the hand. There are 2 small holes in the Right hand.

Does that price seem fair to anyone who has had it done before...? and how long could I expect Deer skin to last?

He said it takes a couple days...I'd rather not send them out to anyone (Ie; the mail in glove repair services)., because I'm sure I'd be without for more than a couple days.

try a pair of x70i then. what color are the palms? they would most likley be either microfiber suide or nash.

there are 3 pairs that are on sale and these are the colors i need(black and grey)

but 2 pairs have a darker brown palm and the other has a real light tan color

I'm planning on getting some custom x70s in the near future and i think I'm going with Goat skin palms, mustang gussets, and a digital overlay which is commonly seen on TPS gloves I beleive. I want the Goat palms because i hear they are soft, yet durable. I want mustang gussets as a reccomendation from an eagle rep. She said they are the most durable natural palm, and extremely soft. I was hesitant on them at first because i didnt want the softness affecting the grip I had, but since they wont be touching the stick, the gussets should just be the most soft, breathable (and durable) material. Im having a digital overlay put on just for extra grip. Good luck with your eagles. I still have some decisions to make as far as the cosmetics of the gloves. B)

In Montreal : ARS sport

2215 Bennett, (514) 527-5728

I had ordered clarino but they did them with leather by mistake.

Thanks for the head up!

what type of palm doesn't get crusty. i have eagle x6s, no clue what the palm is but its grey and it was super soft when i bought them and now, after about 3 months they are crusty every time i put them on.

what type of palm doesn't get crusty. i have eagle x6s, no clue what the palm is but its grey and it was super soft when i bought them and now, after about 3 months they are crusty every time i put them on.

If you sweat enough, everything will get crusty in time. Use a product to keep them soft for as long as possible.