Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DekeHead

Repalming gloves

Still no gloves......so i have called FIBM, "no worries we will send them out on monday"(last monday) was what I was told? I emailed them 3 days ago, and no reply.......man I wish I would of went with Peaches!!! I love these gloves, and on the website it says "lightning fast return"......This is rediculous!!! Told them in the e-mail...I just want them back!!!! Any idea's what I should do? Anyone?

Thanks

Shayno

All you can do is call them again and not let them off the phone until you have a location on your gloves or a tracking number. Hope you get them soon.

Still no gloves......so i have called FIBM, "no worries we will send them out on monday"(last monday) was what I was told? I emailed them 3 days ago, and no reply.......man I wish I would of went with Peaches!!! I love these gloves, and on the website it says "lightning fast return"......This is rediculous!!! Told them in the e-mail...I just want them back!!!! Any idea's what I should do? Anyone?

Thanks

Shayno

Keep calling them and when you talk to someone make sure you get their names. That way the next time you call asking where your gloves are, you can have someones name who told you they would be shipped out on such and such date. That's what I had to do with mine. Told me they would be shipped out on a certain day and they didn't get sent out for another week or so.

Just to update.....after 2 e-mails and 1 phone call, recieved an e-mail from Eves, saying...."Sorry for delay, gloves will be shipped today".......Should only take a couple of days to get them!! Thank god!! To be honest I dont really care how good my gloves look....will use Peaches, next time!! Thanks guys, will post picks when I get them!!

Shayno

Sent these gloves out to peaches last Thursday and received them back today. Great guy, awesome quality and fast turn-around. Couldn't be happier with my decision.

Pearl Mustang Palms on 2010 Warrior Franchises

photobg.jpg

I got my Mission gloves back from George's today after sending them out a couple weeks back. I had them repalmed not out of necessity, but because I didn't like the digital palm on them (too grippy for my taste). I had the palms replaced with MSH2 and the gussets with white mesh (excluding the outside parts that have sewn on padding because I didn't want them to have to tear off all that stuff and resew it). I haven't skated with them, but I like the feel better than when I sent them out, especially because they're a hair longer in the fingers than they were before. Here are a few images so you can see their work.

Palms before

Palms after

Close up of single palm

Close up of new mesh gussets

Close up of seam between new gussets and outside gusset

That's cool. I didn't know they could change the gussets like that. I seem to remember reading that it was too much work and not worth it. Good to know if I want to send mine in. Mind if I ask how much all of that cost?

That's cool. I didn't know they could change the gussets like that. I seem to remember reading that it was too much work and not worth it. Good to know if I want to send mine in. Mind if I ask how much all of that cost?

Repalm was $60, gusset work was $25. I think replacing the outside ones would have been at least another $10.

Ribero's gloves too. Nice. They did a nice job with the new gussets.

Yep, nabbed them off of Drew a while back. They'll get a lot of use now that my primary team has black as the dark jersey color. I'm happy with how they came out all around. They feel really different than they did before, but in a good way. The gloves still need a little breaking in though.

Finally got my gloves(Eagle X90) back from FIBM(Fix it by mail).....Apparently they didnt have my credit card #,??? Not sure how, as it was on the order sheet, I sent them? Anyway, I sent them Eagle MSH2 palms and gussets, that I got from Eagle, and was quoted $24 on the phone, to put palms and gussets on the gloves. As a matter of fact I was quoted $24 twice!! And in my second call to FIBM, I was informed it would be a $10 shipping fee to return the gloves to me. So a total of $34 + tax to have gloves repalmed and gussets replaced. When I got them back I was charged $30 to repalm the gloves and replace gussets, and $15 to ship them back to me!!! + Tax........so I got charged tax on the shipping fee too!! For a grand total of $52.76 Anyway, the gloves themselves look good but took forever to get them!! One thing I did not like is the fact that there is what looks like glue, on a couple of the fingertips of gloves??? After dealing with FIBM I would not hesitate, to send them to Peaches next time! The last couple pics, have the glue or whatever substance that was left on the gloves???

PA090018.jpg

PA090026.jpg

PA090021.jpg

PA090025.jpg

Finally got my gloves(Eagle X90) back from FIBM(Fix it by mail).....Apparently they didnt have my credit card #,??? Not sure how, as it was on the order sheet, I sent them? Anyway, I sent them Eagle MSH2 palms and gussets, that I got from Eagle, and was quoted $24 on the phone, to put palms and gussets on the gloves. As a matter of fact I was quoted $24 twice!! And in my second call to FIBM, I was informed it would be a $10 shipping fee to return the gloves to me. So a total of $34 + tax to have gloves repalmed and gussets replaced. When I got them back I was charged $30 to repalm the gloves and replace gussets, and $15 to ship them back to me!!! + Tax........so I got charged tax on the shipping fee too!! For a grand total of $52.76 Anyway, the gloves themselves look good but took forever to get them!! One thing I did not like is the fact that there is what looks like glue, on a couple of the fingertips of gloves??? After dealing with FIBM I would not hesitate, to send them to Peaches next time! The last couple pics, have the glue or whatever substance that was left on the gloves???

What was the process for buying the palms direct from Eagle? I'm assuming you had to prove the gloves were eagles, how did you go about doing that?

As a matter of fact. Eagle sent them to me on a warrant issue......they did say they had to make the palms for me, to fit my X90's.......So I got them for free, and had them put on by FIBM. Good luck!

Shayno

Got my Hossa (redwings) prostocks repalmed with MSH2 and added white gussets to them while I was at it. I picked them up at Georges and couldn't be happier. Great shop! I'll post some pics of them tomorrow when I get my camera back.

wow! glad I got mine done last month.

please, PLEASE Eagle! rethink your decision to cut off the supply line!

Wait so Eagle's done making them??? Aww crap. So when I actually need to get my palms redone, it's pretty much gone?

2eb6b1k.jpg

There they are, the last pair of MSH2 palms from Georges :) I waited far too long to end up getting this done, the gloves are AMAZING now with the new gussets and palms. I will recommend Georges to anyone from now on for hockey repair stuff, excellent work and customer care.

Just called georges, they are officially out of MSH2 palms! DAMNNNNN

...and there goes one more thing I won't be tempted to get :)

Bit of an old topic here, but I wanted to show another example of Peaches OUTSTANDING work. Just can't say enough about the work Mark "Peaches" Brennan does. I encourage everyone to check him out if you need repalming done. He does other mod work as well. Super friendly, excellent work, pure professional.

Pair of Warrior Yotes Franchises he hooked up in Digi for me. Impeccable work.

peaches_digi_repalm.jpg

Bit of an old topic here, but I wanted to show another example of Peaches OUTSTANDING work. Just can't say enough about the work Mark "Peaches" Brennan does. I encourage everyone to check him out if you need repalming done. He does other mod work as well. Super friendly, excellent work, pure professional.

Pair of Warrior Yotes Franchises he hooked up in Digi for me. Impeccable work.

How much did the repalming run you? Was it 40 per glove plus an additional cost for the digital?

Ooh, very nice. I thought I had heard Peaches couldn't do digital palms. Maybe I got it confused with MSH2. Might have to give him a call one of these days.

They've got digital, just not sure if they have mustang or kangaroo. I've been sending emails back and forth with some work I'll have done in the past. I only know for sure that they can't do is to change out gussets. I'm was initally planning for some digi palms, mesh gussets and shortened cuffs, just gotta take the mesh out of that order.