Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to ModSquadHockey

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to ModSquadHockey by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to access the largest repository of product catalogues on the web. You'll be able to customize your profile, browse our Gear Exchange, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Louie

Post Your Team's Jersey(s) Thread

1,442 posts in this topic

While wrangler is correct, is it worth the risk? The argument could be made that they would never know, or care, and you would be fine. BUT, what happens when you order the uniforms, then they find out, and a cease and desist is sent? Now you've invested in the uniforms, and they can't be worn. It gets even more cloudy when you are talking about using the logo for apparel for booster sales, etc.

Another thing to take into consideration is that most reputable printers will not print copyrighted material.

While wrangler is correct, is it worth the risk? The argument could be made that they would never know, or care, and you would be fine. BUT, what happens when you order the uniforms, then they find out, and a cease and desist is sent? Now you've invested in the uniforms, and they can't be worn. It gets even more cloudy when you are talking about using the logo for apparel for booster sales, etc.

Another thing to take into consideration is that most reputable printers will not print copyrighted material.

Reading this, I wonder if I communicated clearly. When I suggested that the school might not care much about the use of the artwork in question, it was to imply that they might be willing to grant permission. I did not suggest using it without permission.

My opinion:

If you are using that logo on a bear league team, I doubt anyone is going to bother you or waste the time and money to issue a cease and desist order

If it is for a school or an organized team (Your ACHA team) they will most likely go after you since it is a school's logo and you are using it for another school.

Does your college not already have a logo you can use?

wrangler,

I see now what you meant. I just re-read your original post and see where I twisted it. My bad.

As the previous posters have eluded, if this were for a beer league squad, I think they would be more likely to grant permission. However, because this is for another organization, in this case a high school squad, I suspect permission may be harder to come by.

Like Ini said, doesn't you school have a mascot of their own that you can use? I would start with your athletic department and see what is available. If no, as Chadd mentioned, there are plenty of royalty free bear logos available. Whoever you use for your jerseys should be able to point you in the right direction.

I was lookin at your FB page Junkyard and I love all the work you guys do! I must say I love the logos on the socks.

Junkyard are you doing the sublimation in house?

5-6 days a week, 12-14 hours a day, we sublimate and eco-solvent print in house. We also have partners that we work with for both types of printing.

If you have any other questions pertaining to this, please feel free to contact me via private message.

Edited by JunkyardAthletic

wow great work as always JA, for the first one, are they unique piping, or did you use some kind of Team Latvia template?

wow great work as always JA, for the first one, are they unique piping, or did you use some kind of Team Latvia template?

The graphic on the ASV jerseys came from terrible photos that we searched for online. Latvia wore this look only in 2006 and the photos weren't the best. Justin nailed the design to say the least! I might actually consider making it a template pattern, which would be a first for us. Needless to say, I have some reservations about moving into using templates (we specialize in custom, making your team's look "unique."

The graphic on the ASV jerseys came from terrible photos that we searched for online. Latvia wore this look only in 2006 and the photos weren't the best. Justin nailed the design to say the least! I might actually consider making it a template pattern, which would be a first for us. Needless to say, I have some reservations about moving into using templates (we specialize in custom, making your team's look "unique."

Who's Justin? lol but I agree, combination of colors, Latvian template and USA lettering worked so well here. I don't know much about the competition in the custom jersey business, but perhaps slowly consider using lesser known templates?

Justin Liedloff is a member here on MSH and does a large amount of art for me.

The lettering is actually a font that Nike tries to use on every country's hockey jerseys.

As far as templates are concerned, I just have a big belief in team's having their own identity, which is why we specialize in custom. Template wise, well, I guess that is why I created our new ProSTYLE jersey for those who want to save money and still have a really nice looking beer league jersey.

Well if your business model works for you, why make big changes right? Product differentiation of designs and variety for sure. So I'm assuming your ProSTYLE are the templates?

Anyhow do keep it up, looking forward to more in the future :happy: maybe a deal for some university intramural jerseys in the next few years :laugh:

This project came to us courtesy of PuckDaddy, Yahoo Sports Blog's bashing of our Alaska Aces Valentines Day jerseys. The guys at NORAD specifically came to us with their jersey + sock order because they saw the Aces jerseys featured on Yahoo Sports.

We are honored that they came to us and the best part was that they let us, well, our art stud extraordinaire Justin, have free reign on the design of their uniform! All they asked were that specific logos be used, but, the rest was up to us to knock their socks off!

This is why we do sublimation! We love to create unique uniforms and products for our clients.

248955_229857310359165_123385047673059_991307_1350273_n.jpg

252591_229857700359126_123385047673059_991308_3311276_n.jpg

253572_229859623692267_123385047673059_991312_4178100_n.jpg

252555_229859070358989_123385047673059_991309_5604500_n.jpg

Edited by JunkyardAthletic