Post Your Team's Jersey(s) Thread

• Please log in to reply
1309 replies to this topic

#926 wrangler

wrangler
  • Members++

• 3,434 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

Pretty cool, Marcelo. What airplane is that? It reminds me of a P-51, except for the wing. P-40?

Edited by wrangler, 17 June 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#927 RadioGaGa

RadioGaGa
  • Associate Mods

• 10,096 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

I like the jerseys a lot...but the socks are absolutely out of this world. Love them!!

"I'm 23, turning 24. I'm playing for the Montreal Canadiens. It doesn't get any better this" - PK Subban. (May 11/13)

"The most positive aspect of this season was the culture change" - Josh Gorges on the Habs 2013 Season. (May 11/13)

#928 Law Goalie

Law Goalie
  • Senior Members

• 3,654 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:55 AM

Further proof that 'Puck Daddy' Wyshynski doesn't have a clue -- as though any were needed.

That NORAD stuff is spectacular.

#929 B&W

B&W
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

spitfire logo?

#930 JunkyardAthletic

JunkyardAthletic
  • Members+
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:35 AM

Further proof that 'Puck Daddy' Wyshynski doesn't have a clue -- as though any were needed.

That NORAD stuff is spectacular.

I've already sent the email thanking them... :wink:

#931 Law Goalie

Law Goalie
  • Senior Members

• 3,654 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

Oh that's good. :biggrin:

#932 wrangler

wrangler
  • Members++

• 3,434 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

spitfire logo?

Could be, with the gun barrels sticking out of the wings. Didn't think about that. The painted mouth got me thinking of U.S. planes.

#933 RussianDangler15

RussianDangler15
  • Members+
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

Those socks are unreal, brillant work.
OPA!

#934 MrWizard

MrWizard
  • Members+
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

spitfire logo?

Definitely.

Posted Image

#935 wrangler

wrangler
  • Members++

• 3,434 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Definitely.

http://www.goerieblogs.com/sports/shooto...

There you go, complete with potential copyright issues.

#936 JunkyardAthletic

JunkyardAthletic
  • Members+
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

Very saddened by your accusation/statement without knowing all of the facts... :sad:

Edited by JunkyardAthletic, 21 June 2011 - 04:12 PM.

#937 wrangler

wrangler
  • Members++

• 3,434 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

Very saddened by your accusation/statement without knowing all of the facts... http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/pub...

I assumed that you would know that was not directed at you; sorry if I offended you, that bothers me, should have been clearer. I was considering the customer, and used "potential" deliberately. If it's part of your job to explore such issues, and make sure they're taken care of, I was ignorant of that.

EDIT: I also figured any potential copyright issues would be minor, considering the nature of the customer.

Edited by wrangler, 21 June 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#938 JunkyardAthletic

JunkyardAthletic
  • Members+
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

Due diligence was handled in the appropriate manner.

#939 wrangler

wrangler
  • Members++

• 3,434 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

Due diligence was handled in the appropriate manner.

I never doubted that you handled your end of it properly.

#940 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • Members+
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:50 AM

I'm not normally a fan of the sublimated jerseys and socks but those are just fantastic!

#941 noodle3872

noodle3872
  • Members+
  • 793 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

I'm not normally a fan of the sublimated jerseys and socks but those are just fantastic!

Trust me, if Marcelo makes your jerseys, sublimation IS the way to go! I've seen other company's sublimated jerseys and they are nowhere near as brightly colored as what Marcelo produces. Marcelo's color are bursting with richness and his attention to detail is insane!

#942 AIREAYE

AIREAYE
  • Members+

• 2,976 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

What's sublimation in terms of jerseys? I know there screen-printing and stitching on numbers and such; never really understood the difference, especially durability-wise

#943 JunkyardAthletic

JunkyardAthletic
  • Members+
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

What's sublimation in terms of jerseys? I know there screen-printing and stitching on numbers and such; never really understood the difference, especially durability-wise

Sublimation is permanent. It can only be done on polyester, as the dye particles (ink) are changed into gas using heat and pressure, then bond with any polymers present, and change back into a solid.

Under normal usage, it won't fade, crack, or peel. The only time we see some fade is when left out under UV rays for extended periods of time (usually a couple of years).

Currently, we mainly do jerseys, but, we also print onto aluminum that is coil coated, which has polymers in the paint.

#944 HattrickSwayze

HattrickSwayze
  • Members+
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

How are your sublimated socks holding up? We got some from Athletic Knit and they're not holding up very well. Some people had big marks on there's after the first game. Pretty much everybody gave up on them after a few games.

#945 AIREAYE

AIREAYE
  • Members+

• 2,976 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

Sublimation is permanent. It can only be done on polyester, as the dye particles (ink) are changed into gas using heat and pressure, then bond with any polymers present, and change back into a solid.

Under normal usage, it won't fade, crack, or peel. The only time we see some fade is when left out under UV rays for extended periods of time (usually a couple of years).

Currently, we mainly do jerseys, but, we also print onto aluminum that is coil coated, which has polymers in the paint.

After finishing high school chemistry, I actually understand what you're saying LOL So does that mean sublimation is a pricier option?

#946 JunkyardAthletic

JunkyardAthletic
  • Members+
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:42 AM

How are your sublimated socks holding up? We got some from Athletic Knit and they're not holding up very well. Some people had big marks on there's after the first game. Pretty much everybody gave up on them after a few games.

So far so good, but feel free to poll some of my MSH clients. A lot has to do with the colors used, I mean, marks are marks...they happen.

After finishing high school chemistry, I actually understand what you're saying LOL So does that mean sublimation is a pricier option?

Well, depends on how you look at it...

With a "stock" jersey (Athletic Knit, Inaria, K1, Kamazu, Reebok, SP), everything is a la carte. You have a logo that adds a price, back numbers, sleeve numbers, name on back, sponsor logo, all add-ons, where the sublimated jersey has all that plus, the custom design, which gives your team its own unique look.

So in the end, I'd say the cost can be the same, depending upon how many colors are in your logo for the "stock" jersey and whether you want more than just the back numbers.

We're doing some twill lettering and numbers on sublimation jerseys for those who want more of a "pro" feel, but, that costs more.

#947 Vinny_R

Vinny_R
  • Members+
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

http://i1238.photobu...3/D12h20027.jpg

Our black uniform.

http://i1238.photobu...3/V12h00101.jpg

Our orange ones.

I just want to make something clear, I'm not in jail. I work in one and we have a provincial tournament for prison guard. Prison guards from all over Quebec come there in a big 4 classes tournament. So we had to get new shirts 3 years ago so we found the idea to copy the patern of the orange uniform that they gives to prisoners in Ontario and in some prison in the US. All the teams there liked our idea and now, we are two teams rocking orange uniform (the other one got the Flyers ones.).
If you gonna be dumb you gotta be tough - Roger Allan Wade

#948 sitzlejd

sitzlejd
  • Members+
  • 779 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

We just ordered these through Harrow. Team name is The Wolfpack.

Posted Image

Edited by sitzlejd, 30 August 2011 - 12:33 PM.

#949 5 Minute Major

5 Minute Major
  • Members+
  • 658 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

hahahahahaa awesome! Not at the table, Carlos!

#950 kovalchuk71

kovalchuk71
  • Members+
  • 8,402 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

I approve.
**NEW YORK GIANTS-SUPER BOWL XLII CHAMPIONS**
"Once I asked a salesperson for advice on cuff/no cuff and they went into a diatribe of semantics, then told me to just use a Drury pattern." -Mack