Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueliner27

Weird Superstition

A guy on our team also showers before every game. But what makes it funny is that we play alot of tournaments and league weekends and even when we play back to back games with maybe 10-15 minutes in between he'll skip the warm up, go to the changing room, take off all his gear, shower and put it all back on again. Now that's superstitious!

I think my showering and brushing thing tends to come from the fact that I sweat so much. If I don't shower before a game I feel like my sweat is dirty? Sounds strange, but I seriously feel a whole lot more fresh during a game if I am able to shower before a game. Also brushing my teeth is along the same lines, I really feel a lot better if I have a fresh minty taste in my mouth during the game instead of just the nasty mouthpiece taste. It may sound crazy, but I swear by it.

Funny reading about myself when I was just starting out again.

I'm pretty good about superstitions now...used to always brush my teeth before leaving for the rink but now only if I eat before leaving. Just need a fresh tape job and I'm good to go.

not too superstitious.. but i put on all my left stuff first. and i always gotta have a half filled water bottle in my stall or where ever im sittin the lokcer room... other than that. i don't see too muchto be concerned about with my superstitions. i also do the same pre game warmie if i get a win the game before and i earn a nice loss then i try to change it up a little bit.

i don't pull any heavily religious superstitions like same clothes, underwear, or that kind of stuff.

Equipment

Left before right.

I wear a regular white Nike dri-fit ankle sock on my left foot and a long black one on my right.

No underwear

Sticks

Just make sure there are no cuts whatsoever (retape if there are)

Other

Nice wad of RedMan while I'm getting dressed

No underwear

Never heard of that one.

For Me

-left skate before right

-once my stick is taped the blade doesnt touch the ground until i hit the ice

-I always like to hit the posts in warm ups

not really too much, but thats the usual

i think he means like no boxers under his long underwear. i do the same. i also wear my shirts depending on how i played last game. my red under armor shirt is what im wearing most because im on a bit of a hot streak. easton tube socks, re tape both sticks.

listen to; rise against, avenged sevenfold, eminem in that order during warm up. sit on the penalty box to tape my sticks with nobody else around.

i always have to have my dog tags on while i play..with out them the game just doesnt go the way i like it

and also i always keep my left pant leg unzipped...cuz you know..we all hang one way ;)

every time before i go on the ice, i need to see if all of my laces are straight and even, my socks has to be even, my tape on the shin, my tape on stick, has to be perfected and always between periods, I wear an necklace.

In the 2nd intermission i always take off my helmet, jersey, gloves and elbow pads and lie them on my lap.

Seriously thats super wierd? How did you even start doing that?

i play tender for real so it would be too much of a hassle. but when i play in my high school summer leagues as a centre. i tape my stick in between every period. like to keep it fresh. plus leave a little strip unwaxed

Add one more for taking a dump pre-game. For games against a couple of the other teams in our beer league, I sometimes try to sneak in and drop it off in the other team's locker room. Don't usually get there early enough to pull it off, though.

Add one more for taking a dump pre-game. For games against a couple of the other teams in our beer league, I sometimes try to sneak in and drop it off in the other team's locker room. Don't usually get there early enough to pull it off, though.

That is both gross and beautiful! :D

This year i have tried a few things. At first i played a game with my Under Armour backwards by mistake and played great and i think i played 6 games with it and eventaully figured it wasnt working. What i have done all year is i wont take a piss untill after the game, it doesnt matter how bad i need to go i will wait till the final buzzer. It is actually opposite of a years back when i use to take a piss in the middle of the coachs speach, rude but it was habit that season. Also still have to hit cross bar.

This is more a pre-game ritual because the state of my back, but I always take a very hot shower (as hot as I take it) and stretch my back and hams. Then I stretch each muscles group for about an hour, always in the same order. I count each stretch out. Kind of OCD about it.

My only real superstition is that I tap the ice three times with my stick before I jump on. Other than that, I always put the sock that has the tag on the inside on my right leg first. Also, I always straighten out my laces so they lie wide across the boot when I prep my gear before I leave for the rink.

I put my left skate on first always, and if I'm happy with the way I've played I won't wash my jersey, but if I play poorly I'll give it a wash. :)

Always do the same stretches, in the same order, before I play as well.