Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueliner27

Weird Superstition

(I have already gone search but no result. My bet if there is one)

My friend has a weird superstition. He always untape his stick and tape the stick again right before the game start. Actually, I thought that there was no need to untape newly taped one. He said it's his superstition. <_<

Has anyone seen such weird superstition?

I have a strange superstition/fixation with how my skates are laced, basically all of my inner eyelets have their side of the lace overlapping the outer eyelets portion.

...Mine HAVE to altenate.

I have way too many...

The one that gets ripped-on most would probably be the cold shower I take as soon as I get to the rink before every game.

The boys have a good laugh with how O.C. I am with my twigs, too...They have to be as identical as possible: from the way they are taped to the way they are waxed (obviously, it takes me forever to get my sticks preped before a game), to the way the pattern names and flexes are blacked-out...Hell, if I am buying new sticks and can't find any of the ones I am looking for (specs, obviously, have to be the same, too) with graphics that line-up perfectly, I'll have an employee go in back and see if he/she can find ones that do. Example: I broke (another :blink: ) XXX Lite the other day, so later-on I stopped by Great Skate to pick-up a couple more (yeah, I don't spend money on anything but hockey, and I'm completely broke). I brought my 'surviving' XXX Lite into the store with me to make sure that the sticks that I was buying were going to line-up correctly with the one I still had...

...and now it bothers me that the oldest of my sticks shows more wear than the others...

I have noticed that I play better with facial hair than being clean shaven. What helps is that I hate shaving in general so I make it a point to keep a goatee before playing.

That and my sticks have to have the same knob on the top which everyone rips me for - "Looks like a goalie stick!".

I have noticed that I play better with facial hair than being clean shaven.

Exact opposite with me: Last season, I had to shave before every game (even though it never really made much of a difference :ph34r: ). I feel more attractive (and, thus, more confident) when I'm clean-shaven. I like to feel that I look good - shoes, socks, pants, belt, shirt, tie, jacket, face, hair; everything perfect when I walk through the rink. If I feel I look good, I feel cocky. If I feel cocky, I'm probably going to play a Hell of a hockey game.

I broke (another :ph34r: ) XXX Lite the other day, so later-on I stopped by Great Skate to pick-up a couple more (yeah, I don't spend money on anything but hockey, and I'm completely broke). I brought my 'surving' XXX Lite into the store with me to make sure that the sticks that I was buying were going to line-up correctly with the one I still had...

...and now it bothers me that the oldest of my sticks shows more wear than the others...

dude what day was that, i was in there Tuesday! I was the only one looking at sticks at the time tho...

'Twas Tuesday night, actually. Got out of class around 11:30 (yeah, I skipped out a bit early...and by "a bit" I mean "three hours") and a couple of my buddies and I went over to the Pepsi Center. My buddies left after the first session, but I stayed for the second, which left me without a ride...so I had to walk all the way back across Millersport, across the entire campus, across the Audubon and to the other side of Ellicott (you'll never get a true appreciation of UB's size until you have done this), with my bag and sticks (one was busted at the time - I keep the broken ones as trophies; I have quite a collection). My knee was throbbing, my hair was still wet and it was below freezing...not a fun situation.

Im not that much into so called rituals.

I just step into the right skate first and then the left - same thing when it comes to lacing and stepping the ice.

Im not that much into so called rituals.

I just step into the right skate first and then the left - same thing when it comes to lacing and stepping the ice.

It's the reverse for me for some weird reason. Always left before right.

I have noticed that I play better with facial hair than being clean shaven.

Exact opposite with me: Last season, I had to shave before every game (even though it never really made much of a difference :ph34r: ). I feel more attractive (and, thus, more confident) when I'm clean-shaven. I like to feel that I look good - shoes, socks, pants, belt, shirt, tie, jacket, face, hair; everything perfect when I walk through the rink. If I feel I look good, I feel cocky. If I feel cocky, I'm probably going to play a Hell of a hockey game.

I dunno, man. I play way to nice when I'm pretty boy nice and clean shaven.

'Twas Tuesday night, actually. Got out of class around 11:30 (yeah, I skipped out a bit early...and by "a bit" I mean "three hours") and a couple of my buddies and I went over to the Pepsi Center. My buddies left after the first session, but I stayed for the second, which left me without a ride...so I had to walk all the way back across Millersport, across the entire campus, across the Audubon and to the other side of Ellicott (you'll never get a true appreciation of UB's size until you have done this), with my bag and sticks (one was busted at the time - I keep the broken ones as trophies; I have quite a collection). My knee was throbbing, my hair was still wet and it was below freezing...not a fun situation.

ouch, thats rough. i know what that walk across UB is like, i used to go. (transfered to Canisius tho)

i have a couple first i tie my skates then i put my pants on. in warm up i have to hit the cross bar wont stop until i do(i know this is a corny noe but what ever) also with my sticks i tape them no one else touches and i over lap the end and then cut off the tape never had problem until this year when i ask my trainer for siccors he always goes to cut the tape, and i have to stop him everytime and cut it my self. if i start a good game with a sweet shift i have to knock-on-wood everytime or in my head i won't keep playing well.

I brush my teeth before most games.

yes finnally someone who does this to.

i dont know why i do. i think my mom told me and it stuck with me

whne im getting dressed for hockey, every single time i put on my left skate, then right skate, then tie the left skate, then tie the left skate.

My whole team always touches the net above the glass when we step on to the bench or onto the ice. if the net is not above our entrance to the ice, the first thing we do is skate right to it and touch it.

Only thing I can really think of that I do before every single game is listen to the ipod in the car ride and some times in the lockerroom.

One other thing I do for practices - not games. I have to drive to my practices. As many as possible. I feel like if I spend my own money on the gas then I try a little harder since I'm paying more (in a sense) to get there. Its kind of dumb but I'd like to grow out of it. lol

I have a set way to put all of my gear on. Though that isn't a superstition, it is just the must logical way to put it on.

One thing that you could probably call a superstition is that before each game, I like to get full ready 30 mins early, before the rest of my team. Then I sit somewhere quiet and think about the game, the opponents and how I should play.

mine's pretty much same as some of the ones posted already.

brush my teeth and dump before i leave

ipod on the car with pump up music

when i used to have non-grip shafts my candycane grip on all my sticks have to have the same distance from the lines of the first wrap.

put all my gear left side first, skates, gloves, shins, elbow pads. strap on the leftside of my shoulderpads first.

another is we drink Victoria Bitter before tournament games.