Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

So, How much does Goc want for #57? haha.His old Jr number (39) is available.

Then again...going from the mess in Edmonton to potential linemate with one of the best players in the world...I'm guessing he doesn't care what number he wears!

• Like 1

I would imagine DP would play with Sid. We all know he is missing Duper and his offensive ability. DP should be able to bring that to Sid's line.

Sid has proven to have a hard time finding wingers to play with him. He actually seems to prefer playing with guys that have an aggressive "crash line" mentality more than pure skill guys. David has the ability to finish or be a setup guy, it will be interesting to see how it all works out. I would expect him to get an opportunity to play with both Malkin and SId over the next few weeks.

On a completely selfish note, I'm happy that I will finally get to see him on a regular basis.

So...thoughts: Was this a call from Pittsburgh saying "What do you want for Perron?" Or was this a call from MacT saying "What will you give us for Perron?"

Sid has proven to have a hard time finding wingers to play with him. He actually seems to prefer playing with guys that have an aggressive "crash line" mentality more than pure skill guys. David has the ability to finish or be a setup guy, it will be interesting to see how it all works out. I would expect him to get an opportunity to play with both Malkin and SId over the next few weeks.

On a completely selfish note, I'm happy that I will finally get to see him on a regular basis.

That's a good point. He should be able to thrive with PIT as they push towards clinching a playoff spot.

So...thoughts: Was this a call from Pittsburgh saying "What do you want for Perron?" Or was this a call from MacT saying "What will you give us for Perron?"

I have to imagine that Mac Attack reached out to multiple teams and PIT jumped on the opportunity.

• Like 1

Perron had been rumored to be on the block for a while. I would think the Pens walked across the gym floor and ask MacTavish to dance.

We're going to need a new header for the site, again.

Edited by chippa13

Super-stoked for the trade! Pens finally get the top-six winger they've been seeking, DP get's out of the black hole that is Edmonton. Some additional details - Pens included F Rob Klinkhammer in addition to 1st round pick. Perron will wear #39 - the number he wore in Lewiston. Arrives in the 'burgh late tonight, should play against the Habs tomorrow.

• Like 1

Super-stoked for the trade! Pens finally get the top-six winger they've been seeking, DP get's out of the black hole that is Edmonton. Some additional details - Pens included F Rob Klinkhammer in addition to 1st round pick. Perron will wear #39 - the number he wore in Lewiston. Arrives in the 'burgh late tonight, should play against the Habs tomorrow.

Couldn't delay that arrival by 1 day, eh??? Damnit

Perron had been rumored to be on the block for a while. I would think the Pens walked across the gym floor and ask MacTavish to dance.

That is pretty much what I see as well. The Oilers made it known that he was available and the Pens got the ball rolling on this one.

its funny how often new players score in their first game - unfortunately nobody else for the team bothered showing up

gratz on the 1st david!

really good timing play, but maybe its easier to get timing down when you got someone feeding you the puck that's as good as Crosby.

Timing, not just in the play on the ice...but the HNIC broadcast was just talking about how Crosby/Perron didn't even meet until 2 hours before the game. As they finished their story..he scored.

Can't find the link to the CBC call...but here is the goal;

The Pens announcers where talking about him all night. He made a couple really good defensive plays and was physical. He seemed to get lost in the mix a bit when the Pens put Sid and Malkin on the same line and the team really didn't perform as well overall. He was also on the point of the second PP unit, you don't see that very often.

Well, if you trace it back they were able to turn Paajarvi into a first rounder. However, I still think the Oilrrs should have got a better roster player in return for Perron, even if that meant a lesser pick or no pick coming back. The only way it makes sense is if they use the Pens pick in a trade for some actual NHL talent.

Nice to see David with the post-trade jump and potting one in his first game.

i would imagine edm will just keep stockpiling picks so that if they dont win the number 1 pick they can just trade a couple first round picks and get it - they are looking for centers i think?

I think Mr. Perron will do very nicely playing alongside Crosby. In his time in Edmonton he showed a real drive for the net. He isn't your classic crease crasher, but he is very willing to go to the net with or without the puck and has the hands to score from in tight. And he is willing to shoot and not wait for the perfect play.