Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evilengine#9

Graf Supra 707 Vs. Ultra G70

Hi,

I am looking to change from my Graf Ultra 705's to either of the above boots, i know there is a difference in weight (i am not to bothered by a few hundered grams) I am just looking for some feed back from people who have used either or both sets of boots?

I am a 190lbs defenceman with a fairly upright stance.

EE#9

Do you like your 705s? I think the 707 is a different style cut boot and wont fit the same as the 705s so if you want a similar fit, personally I'd suggest the G5 Ultra. I am considering moving to a G5 Ultra from my 705s, or One90 or S15 depending on the fit.

I didn't realise the top end Graf you get in Canada and the US are different to the ones we get here!?!

I had a stroke of luck today, i managed to pick up a pair of the G70's in the Great White version for trade money (i used to work in my LHS). I called the importer of Graf to enquire how long it would take to get a pair of great whites (in either the 707 or the G70) and it turned out that he had been shipped a pair of the G70's in my size (8 wide) by mistake :D He was happy to give them to me for trade to get rid of them.....result!!

They look like this http://www.grafskates.com/produkte/ultra_g_70_sw.html

I am struggling to get used to Tblade's currently, these boots cannot arrive quickly enough!!

EE#9

Hi,

I am looking to change from my Graf Ultra 705's to either of the above boots, i know there is a difference in weight (i am not to bothered by a few hundered grams) I am just looking for some feed back from people who have used either or both sets of boots?

I am a 190lbs defenceman with a fairly upright stance.

EE#9

Are you a good skater? The 707 is quite flexible as skates go..Expensive but stiff in the lower part of the skate, but rather flexible around the ankles due to its unique construction. I wore a pair for 5 years and loved them, plus they fit around my ankle brace easily, but they'll take some getting used to and if you have a nice skating stride, maybe they'll work for you.

I assume you've tried on the 707's? They fit differently from the 705's. One other thing to consider is protection. I'm not sure about the Ultras, but the old style Grafs don't have much protection on the instep. If the Ultras have more, I'd seriously look at them.