How do I post a picture?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Chadd

Chadd
  • Mods

• 39,162 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:20 PM

If the picture you want to include in your post is already hosted somewhere on the internet, it's very easy to include the picture in the post. Just click on the button of the picture (underneath and to the left of the smiley button) just above the blank space for your post. A window will then pop up asking for the location of the picture. Just pop the address of the picture into the box and click "ok".

If the picture you want to share is located on your computer, you will need to find somewhere to host it for you. Places like Photobucket are free and very easy to use. Once you have it uploaded, simply follow the directions above.

Edited by JR Boucicaut, 05 March 2012 - 04:25 PM.
MSH 3.0

"Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think."
George Bernard Shaw

#2 JohnnyCanuck

JohnnyCanuck
  • Members+
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

When I do this for instance I have this web addres: http://www.freeimage...?c5ccba0b61.jpg as the location of a hosted image....

I click the item where when I hover over it, it says: Insert Image I copy the above address in and then I get an error message saying : Sorry, dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed

#3 Chadd

Chadd
  • Mods

• 39,162 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

Use another host if you have to have the picture in the post, the board software has issues with the way they insert advertising into the pictures.Otherwise, just post the link.
"Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think."
George Bernard Shaw

#4 jds

jds

Rockstar

• Members

• 1,237 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:03 PM

What does "Sorry, dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed"
I got this error when I tried to post a video I have hosted on Photobucket
‎"I don't know karate but I know ca-razy"

#5 Chadd

Chadd
  • Mods

• 39,162 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:14 PM

What does "Sorry, dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed"
I got this error when I tried to post a video I have hosted on Photobucket

Only links to videos can be posted, they can not be embedded into a post.
George Bernard Shaw

#6 TBLfan

TBLfan
  • Members+
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

It means "no video."

Some say that I only know two facts about ducks. ..And both of them are wrong.
and that due to a nuclear accident I may have more than 50 pairs of hands...

#7 JR Boucicaut

JR Boucicaut
  • Mods

• 29,567 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:36 PM

Dynamic images are those in which the URL doesn't change but the picture does (eg. what you see on the MSH Photo Gallery)

We only support static URLs.

#8 jds

jds

Rockstar

• Members

• 1,237 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

So I should just post the link to my photobucket site where the video lives?
‎"I don't know karate but I know ca-razy"

#9 edinburghcaps!

edinburghcaps!
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

whats the best site for image hosting for this forum?
hey!, zamboni kid!

#10 JR Boucicaut

JR Boucicaut
  • Mods

• 29,567 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

IMO, Photobucket.

#11 edinburghcaps!

edinburghcaps!
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

IMO, Photobucket.

thanks alot
hey!, zamboni kid!

#12 NextBobbyOrr

NextBobbyOrr
  • Members+
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

Um I tried to upload, mine said your not allowed this kind of extension..

#13 dumbpolak9

dumbpolak9
  • Members+
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

Um I tried to upload, mine said your not allowed this kind of extension..

must be gif,jpeg,jpg,png

#14 greenstripetowel

greenstripetowel
  • Members+
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:05 AM

If the picture you want to include in your post is already hosted somewhere on the internet, it's very easy to include the picture in the post. Just click on the button of the sun on a hill (next to the smiley button) just above the blank space for your post. A window will then pop up asking for the location of the picture. Just pop the address of the picture into the box and click "ok".

If the picture you want to share is located on your computer, you will need to find somewhere to host it for you. Places like imageshack are free and very easy to use. Once you have it uploaded, simply follow the directions above.

Hey Chadd, I tried this but the image next to the smiley face is not a sun on a hill, I don't know what it is but its for insert a link. When I inserted the link to my pic on photobucket and posted it did not work. Do I need to click on insert image? Or am I completely missing something. Thanks

#15 Chadd

Chadd
  • Mods

• 39,162 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

Hey Chadd, I tried this but the image next to the smiley face is not a sun on a hill, I don't know what it is but its for insert a link. When I inserted the link to my pic on photobucket and posted it did not work. Do I need to click on insert image? Or am I completely missing something. Thanks

Sorry, there were a lot of little things changed after the last update and we haven't been able to update all of these topics. I apologize for that.

The new "insert image" icon is two to the right of the smiley face. From left to right you will get Emoticons, insert link, insert picture, insert email address, insert quotation, insert code snippet and insert media.

I edited your post with the pic. If you click on "edit" for that post you will be able to see how the tags work.
George Bernard Shaw

#16 greenstripetowel

greenstripetowel
  • Members+
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Sorry, there were a lot of little things changed after the last update and we haven't been able to update all of these topics. I apologize for that.

The new "insert image" icon is two to the right of the smiley face. From left to right you will get Emoticons, insert link, insert picture, insert email address, insert quotation, insert code snippet and insert media.

I edited your post with the pic. If you click on "edit" for that post you will be able to see how the tags work.

Ok thanks I will give it a try right now in this post.

http://emob1220.phot...9-1522.jpg[/img

#17 Chadd

Chadd
  • Mods

• 39,162 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

looks like you have a part of an extra IMG tag at the end.
George Bernard Shaw

#18 greenstripetowel

greenstripetowel
  • Members+
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

[img]http://emob1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd457/greenstripetowel/CopyofIMG00287-20101219-1522.jpg%5B/img[/img]

#19 Chadd

Chadd
  • Mods

• 39,162 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

don't just keep adding tags, look to see where the problem is
George Bernard Shaw

#20 greenstripetowel

greenstripetowel
  • Members+
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

don't just keep adding tags, look to see where the problem is

All I'm doing is copying address of pic and pasting it in image URL

#21 bostonjuniorblackhawks

bostonjuniorblackhawks
  • Members
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

Your making this way too complicated for yourself.............either use photbucket which gives you img code to copy and paste or make sure your photo ends in .jpg and put the tags around the photo
"why would people cring at the sight of an easton getzlaf?? "
"Because they're toemosexuals" - mack

Look at that, a reply without someone quoting the pictures directly above it. The retard fairy has blessed us with quite a bounty this year. - mack

#22 greenstripetowel

greenstripetowel
  • Members+
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

Your making this way too complicated for yourself.............either use photbucket which gives you img code to copy and paste or make sure your photo ends in .jpg and put the tags around the photo

Here is what I am doing: 1) opening my pic on photobucket.
2) Right click and copy the image's address
3) Come back to MSH, click on "insert image"-a box comes up asking for URL
4) Paste it in the box
5) Post it

#23 greenstripetowel

greenstripetowel
  • Members+
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

Posted Image

it worked! thanks guys. i was getting frustrated trying to do this on my blackberry all day, got home one my computer and did it in five minutes.

Edited by greenstripetowel, 20 December 2010 - 06:03 PM.

#24 bostonjuniorblackhawks

bostonjuniorblackhawks
  • Members
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

Here is what I am doing: 1) opening my pic on photobucket.
2) Right click and copy the image's address
3) Come back to MSH, click on "insert image"-a box comes up asking for URL
4) Paste it in the box
5) Post it

ignore the image box.

Posted Image

all you had to do was click where it says img code and it will automatically copy it for you :biggrin:

I did it your way as well and it worked the first time. I think for it to work this way it has to be the direct link code
Posted Image
"why would people cring at the sight of an easton getzlaf?? "
"Because they're toemosexuals" - mack

Look at that, a reply without someone quoting the pictures directly above it. The retard fairy has blessed us with quite a bounty this year. - mack

#25 greenstripetowel

greenstripetowel
  • Members+
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

ignore the image box.

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350...

all you had to do was click where it says img code and it will automatically copy it for you http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/pub...

I did it your way as well and it worked the first time. I think for it to work this way it has to be the direct link code
http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350...

you got it, thats what i did wrong. and now i just copy and paste on page and it works,thanks for the help. now do you know anything about skates lol