Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chakal

2007-08 NHL new uniforms: Chakal's version

The Black Hurricanes jersey is absolutely fantastic... As well as the Blues jerseys.

Makes it clear why the Sabres changed colors. I remember last years playoffs against Carolina and it was hard to tell who was who on a crappy bar television.

at least the pants were different colors... Canes vs Redwings in 02 was quite a bitch

Get rid of that wave looking thing on the Canes jersey and put the flags back.

The black would look cool in a game. We do have black jerseys, but they are the "Womens" fitted jerseys.

Emphasis on flags. Why do they have the single flag on the shoulder? That's the symbol for a tropical storm, correct? I could be wrong but I think a hurricane is symbolized by two flags.

Emphasis on flags. Why do they have the single flag on the shoulder? That's the symbol for a tropical storm, correct? I could be wrong but I think a hurricane is symbolized by two flags.

I don't know why they did that. I was talking about putting the flags on the bottom of the jersey back btw.

Exactly - one flag is tropical storm, two for hurricane.

Supposedly they couldn't fit it on the patch. But yeah, it's a goof.

Surprised to see this thread is at it's 3rd page!!

OK, just for fun, I did a 3rd for Vancouver and I've added 2 teams in picture 4. Go back to my first post.

I kinda like the sharks one, being a sharks fan, but I know alot of the other fan will hate it. This is just you having fun doing it right? or are you secretly like a ninja spy or something looking into the locker rooms with the new jerseys? which would be a little odd.

I don't think it's because they really want it, I think it's more because it will be easier for RBK to make the jerseys.

With tighter jerseys and vertical stripes, players will look skinnier and taller... Just like Basketball players. What was Bettman's old job again????

I don't think it's because they really want it, I think it's more because it will be easier for RBK to make the jerseys.

With tighter jerseys and vertical stripes, players will look skinnier and taller... Just like Basketball players. What was Bettman's old job again????

Bettman has nothing to do with the design of the jerseys. Either Bettman is some kind of evil genius pulling all the strings on every decision in the NHL or he's an utterly incompetent fool. Pick one or the other because he can't be both. RBK is pushing the design elements because they have the merchandise contract with the league. Personally, I think they're doing a terrible job and I will not buy any of the new merchandise. It's the only way I can vote on the new designs.

RBK is pushing the design elements because they have the merchandise contract with the league. Personally, I think they're doing a terrible job and I will not buy any of the new merchandise. It's the only way I can vote on the new designs.

I don't really buy this fully. I think in some cases it might be true to an extent, but the Bruins have certainly showed that horizontal can stay without a problem, and if the NHL08 look for Carolina is true, then they've kept it as well... so there's no reason why teams can't use whatever they want. If they are being led into this horrible new "vertical pin striping and blocky graphic" look by Reebok, it's their own darn fault.

As for Bettman, he's certainly not involved in the individual designs themselves, but he probably was pretty instrumental in getting the contract with Reebok in the first place, so has some blame.

Of course, I blame him when I stub my toe, these days.

RBK is pushing the design elements because they have the merchandise contract with the league. Personally, I think they're doing a terrible job and I will not buy any of the new merchandise. It's the only way I can vote on the new designs.

I don't really buy this fully. I think in some cases it might be true to an extent, but the Bruins have certainly showed that horizontal can stay without a problem, and if the NHL08 look for Carolina is true, then they've kept it as well... so there's no reason why teams can't use whatever they want. If they are being led into this horrible new "vertical pin striping and blocky graphic" look by Reebok, it's their own darn fault.

As for Bettman, he's certainly not involved in the individual designs themselves, but he probably was pretty instrumental in getting the contract with Reebok in the first place, so has some blame.

Of course, I blame him when I stub my toe, these days.

Really nice points here! But I wonder one thing: "Why does Bettman was so in a rush to sign the new uniform deal with RBK right after the Lock-out?" the gm's put it on hold, but Bettman was ready to push it... Is he owning stock in RBK? Does he receive a comission from their future sales???

Well... who knows.

All I know, horizontal is possible but it's hell of work. Since the material can't be knitted with the stripe, they have to sew them. So, horizontal stripes means even more sewing while the vertical ones follow the natural and already there, base parts of the new jersey.

That's why I think RBK is pushing the Vertical striping, to save some work. Of course they can do horizontal, but at what cost??? It's not for pro teams they worry, Imagine, they will have to reproduce this work for the retail jerseys sold to regular joes. A Habs' jersey will have a bigger cost than the Pens, but they will still have to sell it at the same price at the retail level. So horizontal stripes jerseys will have a lower mark-up than the others.

For the white and teal sharks, I may be close to what it should be... Of course, if my sources are right.

But, somewhere her on ModSquad, you'll see the Penguins official new jerseys... They suck, I think mine looks better! (Self High Five) LOL

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB2/v...pic.php?t=15721

1: Those pens jerseys are pretty bad, yours are better. and the third one you made is awesome.

2: im hoping and praying that the sharks use those liines that are clearly meant for design they designed into the jersey.

Really nice points here! But I wonder one thing: "Why does Bettman was so in a rush to sign the new uniform deal with RBK right after the Lock-out?" the gm's put it on hold, but Bettman was ready to push it... Is he owning stock in RBK? Does he receive a comission from their future sales???

Well... who knows.

All I know, horizontal is possible but it's hell of work. Since the material can't be knitted with the stripe, they have to sew them. So, horizontal stripes means even more sewing while the vertical ones follow the natural and already there, base parts of the new jersey.

That's why I think RBK is pushing the Vertical striping, to save some work. Of course they can do horizontal, but at what cost??? It's not for pro teams they worry, Imagine, they will have to reproduce this work for the retail jerseys sold to regular joes. A Habs' jersey will have a bigger cost than the Pens, but they will still have to sell it at the same price at the retail level. So horizontal stripes jerseys will have a lower mark-up than the others.

Then we come to how CCM and Starter and Nike and whoever else, were able to do so many different designs and stuff? It's not *more* sewing, it's just *different* sewing. What is happening here is that we're just seeing a push for cookie-cutter sameness in order to push a dying sport (in the US) to cookie-cutter people in the hopes that it resurrects some kind of interest.

Simply put, I don't like what I'm seeing except for a few cases, and if Boston et al have the guts to retain some core of tradition, than ga-dammit, other teams need to show the balls to do it too :)

Yes the new jerseys requires more sewing. On traditional jerseys, the horizontal stripes are knitted with the rest when the material is made. That's why it was so common.

Now, all lines (vertical and horizontal) has to be sewed since the new material comes in one colour only and can't be knitted with the line in it. Since the base of the jersey is vertical, sewing along those lines is easier than cutting them to sew horizontal lines through it (there's no overlapping material) and then go back to the vertical base sewing.

It's hell to do, since, this material stretches more on the width than on the length and when you sew a little line, you have to figure out in which way your little piece has to stretch. That must slows down chain production.

Why I know??? It's the same kind on troubles our sewer has when she makes our pro-wrestling outfits. I'm a pro-wrestler for those who don't know yet.

The bevelled look on the canucks crest doesn't look right, also the logo slanted to the right doesn't make it any more dynamic, that actually screws with it way too much. It's like making the Canadiens C flashier...that's just wrong to do it.

Some of the other ones are pretty decent though. Good work, nice execution of the designs.

I really like the KC one, nice color combo (IMO).

If you like KC look at this:

DSC00134small.jpg

DSC00139small.jpg

That's me with my Mitchell & Ness KC jerseys.

Also, here's the site of my hockey team:

http://ncw.qc.ca/accesinterdit/hockey.html

http://ncw.qc.ca/accesinterdit/images/nCw-...s-full_gear.jpg

My masks are here: http://ncw.qc.ca/accesinterdit/mask/index.html

If you don't know by now, I'm a pro-wrestler and this is a team form of a couple of pro-wrestlers and our friends.