Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blitz

Graf Cobra NT-3000

I'm a forward and I've got Cobra NT-3000 on my Grafs and I want a slightly forward pitch so I have more weight on the balls of my feet.

How are the Cobra NT-3000 holders? What are they known for? Are they worth keeping and profiling or should I be buying new holders and profiling those with a forward pitch?

If you don't feel like you need a change, then you probably don't need to change.

Some of us make some jokes at the expense of cobra and razor holders but they are very useable and should at LEAST be given an opportunity. Keep using them and if you have any issues re-address the question.

If you don't feel like you need a change, then you probably don't need to change.

Some of us make some jokes at the expense of cobra and razor holders but they are very useable and should at LEAST be given an opportunity. Keep using them and if you have any issues re-address the question.

I don't know if I'll have a problem or not because I haven't had skates profiled before. I wanted to get them profiled now because I wanted more weight on the balls of my skates.

Are most people happy with these Cobras? Why are they at the expense of other's jokes? What problems can they cause me?

I don't know if I'll have a problem or not because I haven't had skates profiled before. I wanted to get them profiled now because I wanted more weight on the balls of my skates.

Are most people happy with these Cobras? Why are they at the expense of other's jokes? What problems can they cause me?

I am currently skating on Grafs with Cobra holders and like them. I have been skating on them since January of last year, and was on tuuks before then on a pair of bauers. I like the foward pitch it took a little getting used to, but after about 10 mins on the ice I was fine. You should be too.

i've been skating on grafs with the cobras for 6 years and just recently bought a pair of 9k's... which is more similar to the cobras? should i put tuuks on or leave the eholders on?

Are you having difficulty skating or do you feel like you're going to fall forward? If you answered "yes" to either of these questions you have a problem.

No to any of those. I just feel like I am a faster skater than what is coming out on the ice and I want to make sure all the minor details that could be adding up are taken care of and nothing is holding me back. Also, if it is already a forward pitch holder, should I profile them to go forward 1-2mm as well? Or will that be too much?

I've BEEN trying them... And that's why I'm here now...

I had cobras on a pair of 705's.. never got used to the fwd pitch so after a month of trying, I ended up putting on a pair of tuuk custom+

I would think you won't have a problem since the cobra's have fwd pitch to them.. basically I think what people are trying to say is that don't jump the gun and make changes. however, if you really truly feel that you've given the cobra's about as much of a chance as you've got, then go ahead and move on from there.

quick question while we are kind of on the subject... if im real used to the cobras and my grafs 704's (had em' for 6 years), should i leave the e holders on my 9k's or put tuuks on to get the closest feel? thanks.

quick question while we are kind of on the subject... if im real used to the cobras and my grafs 704's (had em' for 6 years), should i leave the e holders on my 9k's or put tuuks on to get the closest feel? thanks.

if anything, stick with the e-pro and go for a custom radius with 1mm forward. you'll be on your ass if you start using Tuuks. i was falling backwards switching from the e-pro to the ls2 power for a little while, so remember that there will be a drastic pitch change if you go from cobras to tuuks.

so true! I use to skate on razor blades and recently got new skates with ls2 and every tiem i went backward or cross over backward i would fall on my ass =S

You'll probably need a heel lift or a profiling. Stick with the e-pro and try it out, you'll probably fall a few times but don't let that effect how you feel. If the holders are too soft for you consider a LS2. THe LS2 and E-Pro have the same pitch in the holder so that's a lateral move. A custom+ would put you even more on your heels... Keep in mind that THC skates put you more on your toes(compared to NBH) because of the boot pitch.

while we are on the topic.... im thinking about getting the new g3 ultras. are there any new graf models comming out any time soon? or should i just get them now? thanks.

If you like em I would just get them. Just make sure everything is right with the boot and blade holder alignment before you hand your cash over.