Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyfreak

Junior Vs. Senior Skates

I am currently wearing a SR 7 in CCM Vector, but I wear a larger size because I have a really wide foot. According to the measurement of my feet I should be wearing a 6.5 - 7 adult shoe. This means I could probably still fit into a junior skate right?

In addition, will a junior skate be a lot less stiff than its senior counterpart?

For example is a one90 junior a lot less stiff than a one90 senior and will this difference affect my skating?

I am 21 years old and 145 pounds.

ya they are less stiff. Itll make a difference because from what I understand from reading peoples post you wont get as much power in your strides

Remember that some skates are stiffer than others. For example, I would estimate that junior XXXX would be at least as stiff as your senior Vectors.

Go try on several pairs jr skates and go from there.

Junior skates generally have cheaper runners and steel on them because they're made for little kids who don't put as much pressure on them as seniors.

No.

Junior skates are not as stiff. You are only 145 pounds--you prob. can wear jr. skates. They should be easier to break-in, but won't last as long.

Seconding the above reply, it really depends on the brand. From my recent skate fitting experiences, you may be able to squeeze into some CCM or NBH Jr. models. Definitely don't wear a longer skate to compensate for a wide foot, though, you're not doing the skate or your feet any favors by this.

Yes im thinking about buying the new vapor xxxx EE skate.. Its on sale for 249 bucks on icewarehouse

But I'll def go try it on at my LHS

Heading to your LHS to get sized for an online purchase? Put your helmet on, you may need it here soon ;)

A while back...

CCM made a Vector 6.5 for THG ( The Hockey Group).

You would think that it was a great deal, priced less than the 6.0 right?

WRONG!!! It was a dressed up 4.0 renamed to appear better than a 6.0.

Go and waste your LHS's time so you can buy elsewhere, how dare you!

Because of you and people like you, there will soon be no LHS to screw over.

If you like having an LHS... then support your LHS. It's that simple.

I could do that but I can't really justify spending over 170 dollars more

that is in part because the Canadian currency is so strong

Prices will hopefully come down soon

I know what you meen. It sucks where so much higher then the American dollar right now, yet we still pay a lot more. Its bull spit. Thats why im buying my skates online and Ive already tried them on. Hate me all you want.