Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JonnyCanuck

Easton Synergy 1300c Skate

Hey everyone, new-member though long-time viewer of MSH...

I've had my Easton Ultra Lite's (7D) from like '04 and I have came to the realization that they are not stiff enough for my skating ability...(I am on the ice on average of 2 times a week either playing or teaching, 5'6, 150 lbs, Div. 1 men's league level, 16-17 years exp.)

I work at a sporting goods store where we sell the Easton Synergy 1300c skate...I think the first composite skate that came out in like Winter 05-06(?) or whenever...

Anyways, I'm thinking about getting a pair of them (6.5D) since I can get a deal on them...just wondering if anyone has used this skate or know anyone that has used them and what your opinion of them are regarding stiffness, flex, performance, etc.

Beauty, thanks!

I love 'em, best skate I've ever been in. It was also the first "higher end" skate that I've used so I can't really compare them to anything. A bit painful the first few skates, but now they fit perfectly. I also went down a half size, and I feel like I could go even smaller. I have a wide foot and they were only available in a D, but they are wide enough for me.

I put Lightspeeds on them as well, I was never a fan of the Razor Bladz.

I've been using these skates for over a year and I love them. Just know that there will probably be some harsh ankle pain until you get them broken in.

Hey thanks for the replies...glad to hear that people have enjoyed them!

Yeah I find Easton skates fit me the best, I have a narrow-ish heel and a medium-like forefoot...I have Moreton's toe where my second toe is a little bit longer than my big toe so my toes fit nice and snug in the toe box.

I assume that the 1300s may not be AS stiff as the S15's are now since they are not like the Texalium Carbon material like the S15's are but stiff enough to support my skating.

Correct and Incorrect :P

When we got them in the store the boxes had the skate bake time info and such, HOWEVER on the outsoles of the skate it said like 'Warning! Heat-molding skate will void warranty, etc.' Basically as per instructions from our Head Office we had to remove the stickers from the boxes so we wouldnt screw over customers who wanted to get their skates molded.

From what I hear, the consensus says that they are NOT heat-moldable. I'm not going to risk baking them, I'll just break them in the old-fashioned way ;)

I've had mine for almost two years and they're the most comfortable skates I've ever owned. Where the older traditional model Easton skates used to put pressure on the forefoot area just above my arch these skates are a perfect width and fit like slippers. I never had any ankle issues with these puppies like other guys seem to have either. They fit perfect without any type heat moulding from day one. I can still wear a traditional made Easton skate with reasonable comfort but the newer carbon/fibreglass boot of the newer C series are a perfect fit like they where custom made for me. I'm positive the new Stealth line would give me just as comfortable a fit as well. For me Easton got it right.

From what i remember reading the synergy 1300's may have been made too stiff, i think the way they had the carbon cut made it quite hard to get forward flex. Im pretty sure this was the main difference between the 1300 and 1500. They altered the cut to make forward flex easier so you could "load" the skates up better whilst maintaining good lateral support. from experience the stiffness of the 1500 and s15 were very similar in terms of forwards flex ,stiffness the 1300's may be better if you like stiffer skates.

i got my 1500's coming from 04 Z-air comp SE's and the fit was incredible. the 1500 and s15 have been the best fitting skates ive ever worn. If your current easton fit well and didnt take much breaking in etc then i reckon u will have no problems at all going into the 1300

I bought a pair of used 1300's off a member to try out and I fell in love with them. They are very stiff, coming from vapor xxx's and i found i had to skip the top eyelet to get a little more forward flex. I am now on my second pair of the skates and i did find i had a bit of ankle pain when i first bought the new pair but all is good now.

I also had the razor blades swapped on both pairs had custom +'s on the first pair and now LS on the pair i am skating in now

My only concern about you going for the 1300's is the ankle cut. If it's not right for you, they will tend to bite into you ankles because the 1300 is, as already mentioned, a very stiff skate. The foot comfort is amazing compared to a traditionally constructed skate however. The thinner tongue also gets some getting used to as well, although it is very protective. I find coming from a Vapor XXll or a Supreme 50 it is very noticable as it would be from a Graf or a Mission as well. I personally have never had any issues with the Razor Blade II holder so that isn't even a concern however I've heard a few stories about the blade cracking after a puck hit. A solid blade would probably have been a better choice for this skate but that might be an opition if one does break.