Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2008 Easton Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/2008...on/easton08.pdf

Sorry about the scans - manufacturers need to make them spiral-bound if they are going to be thick, or break them down like NBH did this year - small catalogues per category...

Sticks/Shafts/Blades - S17 has been discussed earlier as it was a holiday launch, but now for the first time, there is a Stealth family of sticks. The S11 and S5 both have the elliptical taper but obviously downspec'd. The SyNergy Elite is unchanged from last year, but the ST gets a makeover. A silicone molded shaft for consistent walls and a vibration-dampening system in the blade, the ST also has a textured finish similar to NBH and Warrior. The SC2 is also a new stick for 08 - falling in a price point that Easton has never been in.

SC1 replaces the Z-Carbon wood stick.

SyNergy Elite replaces SyNergyII. Stealth S15 shaft replaces Z-Bubble and ST shaft replaces Ultra Lite. The blades also are the same - Elite replaces SyNII and S15 replaces Z-Carbon CNT. SCPro is the old Hybrid.

Skates - Stealth line is unchanged for 08 but SyNergy is totally new. The SE16 replaces 1500C - with a new look, tongue and inners.

Helmets - After years of speculation, Easton finally gets their helmets to market The S17 has a tool-less sizing system that is on the back of the helmet. Pop it open, pull the helmet out, and lock it back down. The In Form fit system works similar to RBKs by having a dial on the back of the helmet, and it pulls in quite a bit. Technology borrowed from Giro - similar to what is on their ski helmets.

One feature that is pretty neat are the temple foams. It is separate from the main liner. The entire thing comes out (unlike others that you have to pull the entire liner out or wedge fingers behind it to hold the female screw) so makes it easy to install cages/shields. The S17 is a EPP helmet with pads for comfort.

The S9 is a dual-density VN lid without the In Form system and tool-less adjustment.

Gloves - All new gloves for 08 - S17 might be a winner - pretty good feeling glove.

Protective - just name changes, everything is essentially the same. Totally new items are the Motion pants, which are a combination girdle/pant.

dont see anything about the S11 OPS.

And it doesn't appear that the new pants have segmented thigh padding, very disappointing. Someone please tell me there's more than meets the eye.

Edited by TBLfan

The helmet adjustment system is bulky and clunky. It also takes up a decent amount of width as well. Not a big fan of it at all.

Their nomenclature is a little confusing. I get Stealth vs. Synergy, but I don't get SE, SC, S, ST, SY, etc for all of the lower sticks, all of the gloves and protective.

Their names of things seems almost random and unorganized.

I notice the S11 has the elliptical taper, but not the TORX technology used in the S15.

Anyone else find this odd?

hey JR, was the SE shaft included in the catalogue? I know it looks the same as the regular SE but i was just wondering.

Is it just me, or does the SE2 skate look like it was stolen right out of the NBH factory.

SY50 looks more like an NBH skate.

Did anyone else notice that they re-numbered their patterns putting iggy in the number 1 spot and moving sakic to P2..? It seems that they left P6 and P7 open for maybe some new players???

Nevermind I didnt read the blade portion, just the one pieces.

The S15 skate looks pretty much unchanged, which is really not surprising. Does anyone know if the last, pertaining to widths is also unchanged on this skate? I have pretty wide feet and the 07 skate fit very well even in the "R" size. I was thinking of getting a pair, and if the sizing is the same I will wait for the 08's, but if it has narrowed, I'll probably grab an 07 before they are hard to find.

Thanks for any info...

The S15 skate looks pretty much unchanged, which is really not surprising. Does anyone know if the last, pertaining to widths is also unchanged on this skate? I have pretty wide feet and the 07 skate fit very well even in the "R" size. I was thinking of getting a pair, and if the sizing is the same I will wait for the 08's, but if it has narrowed, I'll probably grab an 07 before they are hard to find.

Thanks for any info...

JR- Skates - Stealth line is unchanged for 08 but SyNergy is totally new. The SE16 replaces 1500C - with a new look, tongue and inners.

This was the first post

Whats the price going to be on the SE16s? And are they still going to be very light like the 1500s were?

$449 at Great Skate as a pre-order:

http://www.greatskate.com/webmodules/catCa...9&ManuID=83

I would imagine the weight would be very similar to the 1500's since only minor changes were made.

Edited by figgifumi_11

Sign in to follow this