Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJ Thompson94

NHL players in Graf

They started in Switzerland back in 1921 so it´s hard to say.

However, when Graf came up with the 703 back in 86 they had the old TUUK-holder. I´m not sure if it was called just TUUK or TUUKplus.

I have had Graf-skates for 12years but the last three seasons I´ve played in Vapors. When they(Graf) started using the Cobra-holder I had to start switching to Custom+. I tried the Cobra at the beginning of some seasons but just couldn´t adjust.

I think I´m going to go with Graf again next year!

With TUUK of course...

Which was the holder that graf originally designed the skate on.

Are the hole patterns the same on the Cobra as on the C+?

Either the LS2 or the Custom+ it's just a matter of how much you want to reduce the pitch.

Well I had the Custom+ on my previous bauer and really liked them. I just don't know if the boot of the graf will fit perfectly with the custom+.

You guys are taking names of the website, some of those players don't wear grafs anymore. But why is there not one superstar that wears grafs. There are some pretty good players on the list but no one great. There has to be more players than the list on grafs site.

Yeah. Spezza who?

Jagr, Forsberg, and even Gretzky at one time wore them. What people don't understand is that Graf doesn't pay anyone to wear our skates. Look at the refs and linesmen in the NHL, WHL, OHL. They wear Grafs. They don't get endorsement money, so they wear what they think feel is the best skate. All the superstars Graf has lost to the big companies was because of big endorsement money. Graf is a product company, not a marketing company. Now, do you want a skate because Crosby wears it, or do you want a skate that is the best for you?

:P Oh, and I could list every Ref and linesman that wear them, but that wouldn't be fair.

THE BEST STATEMENT I HAVE READ ON THIS BOARD.

For Fletch & OuiMonsieur.

I have the G3 and took off the Cobra in favor of the Tuuk Custom+. New holes had to be drilled. Couldn't be happier with the performance, and the pitch.

**Did I mention the fantastic job done on the instal by LkptTiger and Front Row Sports?**

I've always stayed away from posting pics, but if you want to see how they fit on the boot I'll break format.

Just got my first pair of Graf 709's(high instep) and love them. My inline skates are mission and my retired ice are Vectors. I never knew what getting fitted properly was like until the Grafs. Anywho, I was expecting some difficulty getting used to the pitch but they felt pretty good. I'll be sticking with the Cobras. Is the pitch more agressive on some of the other graf models?

Just got my first pair of Graf 709's(high instep) and love them. My inline skates are mission and my retired ice are Vectors. I never knew what getting fitted properly was like until the Grafs. Anywho, I was expecting some difficulty getting used to the pitch but they felt pretty good. I'll be sticking with the Cobras. Is the pitch more agressive on some of the other graf models?

no all the grafs use the cobras, nt3000, and the g series use the nt5000 which look identical.

For Fletch & OuiMonsieur.

I have the G3 and took off the Cobra in favor of the Tuuk Custom+. New holes had to be drilled. Couldn't be happier with the performance, and the pitch.

**Did I mention the fantastic job done on the instal by LkptTiger and Front Row Sports?**

I've always stayed away from posting pics, but if you want to see how they fit on the boot I'll break format.

Great, thanks for the info. Pics would indeed be appreciated.

Graf technology and manufacturing techniques seem a bit dated compared with what other companies have been doing the last 5 years. 10 years ago it was pretty much understood that CCM/Bauer/Graf had equal shares of the NHL market - a very impressive feat considering the low profile of Graf in North America. Bauer moved ahead, way ahead of the pack with the Vapor XX.

To say that Pro's only wear Bauer because of the money thrown at them doesn't make sense. In a world where performance is EVERYTHING I just can't see guys wearing a skate that doesn't fit based on having money (and the $5k that was suggested earlier) thrown at them.

You're forgetting that *all* pro's skates fit regardless of who made them -they're custom, unless they don't need/want customs for some reason.

Graf technology and manufacturing techniques seem a bit dated compared with what other companies have been doing the last 5 years. 10 years ago it was pretty much understood that CCM/Bauer/Graf had equal shares of the NHL market - a very impressive feat considering the low profile of Graf in North America. Bauer moved ahead, way ahead of the pack with the Vapor XX.

To say that Pro's only wear Bauer because of the money thrown at them doesn't make sense. In a world where performance is EVERYTHING I just can't see guys wearing a skate that doesn't fit based on having money (and the $5k that was suggested earlier) thrown at them.

I'm sure you have seen the manufacturing techniques.

Law Goalie - As I said , performance is EVERYTHING, fit is one (large) part of that equation. But I still fail to see how an NHLer is going to sacrifice performance when having a nominal amount of money thrown at him.

All sports equipment has progressed with tecnological innovations in materials and manufacturing techniques in the last 10 years, just look at todays golf clubs, tennis racquets, bicycles and hockey skates.

I'll be the first to say I don't know how the Grafs are manufactured, which is why I said Graf technology and manufacturing techniques "seemed" outdated. Look at the top of the line skates from CCM, Bauer, Easton of today compared with their top models of 6-8 years ago. Which of these lines do the current Graf models look closest to? Looking at the materials, the thickness of the wall of the skate, the stiching, weight etc. To me it seems obvious, but I come here to learn and am certainly ready to have it explained to me why none of this matters or is plain wrong.

There is really nothing earth shattering about the materials used in the more highly marketed skates of CCM or NBH. What is the "high performance" you guys are talking about? You'd be surpised at the number of low-tech stuff on pro customs.

New new new! That is marketing. Has a human being invented or discovered a new material lately? Hey! Carbon fibre is new. let's make the whole skate out of it. Add lots of titanium as well. Consumers think titanium is cool. Who cares if the boot doesn't work! It is made with "high tech" materials. It'll sell.

If it's not broken.......

There is really nothing earth shattering about the materials used in the more highly marketed skates of CCM or NBH. What is the "high performance" you guys are talking about? You'd be surpised at the number of low-tech stuff on pro customs.

I would have to agree. Paul Karia for example has just been having his skates restitched for years. I read somewhere that his skates in Anahiem when he got drilled by stevens were the same skates he had with UMaine however many years ago.

SO TRUE! nevermind ability little johnny..... mommy and daddy will just buy you $500 skates.

Most NHLers that wear "NBH One90's" are just wearing Bauer 8050's made to look like One90's.

I'm the first one to say that Grafs look very plain, but skates are the most important piece of equipment and comfort is more important than look.

You don't have to look like everyone else, if you begin to have withdrawel from not having a swoosh on every inch of your body, you can always buy gloves or a stick or something.

^^^^I'm such a hypocrite--I love NIKE, but I'm still getting grafs in May.

Hey, Crocs are comfortable on my feet, but I've never considered mounting holders to them.

Performance > Comfort, especially at the NHL level, unless you're a ref. :)

Hey, Crocs are comfortable on my feet, but I've never considered mounting holders to them.

Performance > Comfort, especially at the NHL level, unless you're a ref. :)

i also agree with that statement!

I make skates that give the player the right performance. Then I add the comfort. It is possible to have both. I would say it is vital.